New .416 Rigby Arrived!

Wow... absolutely stunning rifle! Congratulations!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:E Eek: If ever you need a place to keep it I would be more than happy to help you out.:sneaky: In all seriousness congrats, it a beautiful rifle.

Me too!

that's one bueatifull , firearm
enjoy......

Very beautiful rifle Hank, congratulations.
The rifle is like a icon, and overall the details is superb like the wood/oil finish in combination of that beautiful leather covered recolepad, the ogival etc..

The only small thing, and I hope that you excuse my question, but why is there not a Ebony Forend tip ?

The only small thing, and I hope that you excuse my question, but why is there not a Ebony Forend tip ?

Gordon why would you want that on a rigby? i have seen and held a lot of rigby rifles and i cant remember one with one of those on the forend. i am sure they did it on request, and i am sure when thet were made in america more had that feature, as i think it is more common on some american manufactured rifles. personally i dont like it.........

Yes sorry, I had a W.R in mind....

That is awesome! I know you are proud.... nice glass too!

That is one AWESOME looking firearm! I hope to see another picture of its soon......with your cape buffalo!:D(y)

I've always thought that the .416 Rigby was an awesome looking round.....looks like something that could bring down Messerschmitts, if necessary!:)
I've also been in awe of the price!!!! I was at the gun shop on Saturday and picked up a box of .416 Rigby cartridges........$250/20 rds!!!:confused::eek:

I quickly put them back before I was required to float a small loan just to hold the box!:ROFLMAO:

I've also been in awe of the price!!!! I was at the gun shop on Saturday and picked up a box of .416 Rigby cartridges........$250/20 rds!!!:confused::eek:

nearly sounds reasonable ;) how about $73.00 for a box of 50 rnds .45acp............:(

That is one AWESOME looking firearm! I hope to see another picture of its soon......with your cape buffalo!:D(y)

I've always thought that the .416 Rigby was an awesome looking round.....looks like something that could bring down Messerschmitts, if necessary!:)

I quickly put them back before I was required to float a small loan just to hold the box!:ROFLMAO:
You can get Hornady softs or solids for 82-85 a box, but you have to look on line at the ammo sites and order at least two due to shipping for one or two is the same, to get the best deal. In the meantime, I will go to more expensive rounds if I ever hunt buffalo with mine. Also my son will start reloading them after he completes several tasks for my .264 Win mag and my .375 H&H.

Everything about .416 Rigby is expensive compared to other equal calibers. For example, 20 once fired Hornady brass goes for about $40 +-. A box of new brass (20 pieces) can goes as high as $80 depending on the brand. Bullets for reloading can go out of sight also if you choose to go that route.

one word.........jealousashellofyou! Beautiful rifle, now I am on a quest to own one myself!

Problem solved, I just need to sell 215 boxes of 45acp shells at the bargin price of only $70.oo/Box. Hell I will pay shipping!LOL

A work of art.....
Congrats, use it good health........

Stunning is all I can say

Very beautiful rifle Hank, congratulations.
The rifle is like a icon, and overall the details is superb like the wood/oil finish in combination of that beautiful leather covered recolepad, the ogival etc..

I never really thought about it - it wasn't presented as an option, and it never came up. Suppose I could have asked . . . but actually I'm fine with it as it. Sort of like my kids.

I've also been in awe of the price!!!! I was at the gun shop on Saturday and picked up a box of .416 Rigby cartridges........$250/20 rds!!!
I can't disagree that the ammo isn't cheap (though I picked up some boxes of TBBC and Barnes for around $200 C$). But really, apart from putting some practice rounds through it, these aren't rifles that go through boxes of rounds on a hunt (if they are, you're either a terrible shot or you are having way too much fun). There are other, cheaper, .416s obviously, but very few rifles say Africa to me like Rigby (maybe a .404 Jeffery . . .).

So overall, the romance of Africa, which brought me there in the first place, wins again!

I pity the next Ostrich you encounter!:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross