Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Mandela died today at 95.

right on que , willem .good call mate .

Will this mark the beginning of the end?

How long till Julius Malema becomes president?

All the best to you down south!

right on que , willem .good call mate .

yup bluey have put that one out to quite a few mates just now as finn sent me a txt when we were at a drinks do to tell me that mandela had theoretically just died ,and told them to look hard at the dates..........................

Will this mark the beginning of the end?

How long till Julius Malema becomes president?

All the best to you down south!

the way the exchange rate was slowly going south against certain currencies was not good ,but now i think if i am quick in the morning i will be able to get a cruiser at half price or less ........

the way the exchange rate was slowly going south against certain currencies was not good ,but now i think if i am quick in the morning i will be able to get a cruiser at half price or less ........

Wow, if I am quick in the morning can I book a sable, waterbuck, lechwe, puku hunt in Zambia for half price?

Always smart to be prepared to act on world news. Hope you get a great deal. Let us know.

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
Nelson Mandela

For all the good he did (which I do applaud him for with the deepest respect) quick history lesson. Prior to his presidency, Mandela was incarcerated for 27 years at three different prisons after pleading guilty to 156 acts of public violence including the Johannesburg railway station bombing.
He was also a member of the South African Communist Party and a co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, a guerrilla warfare group declared a terrorist organization by the United States in the 1960s.
If pushed we would all do things for a cause we believed in but, a communist party, come on Mandela. By the way, I give NO credit to the US for determining what a terrorist group is anymore, I USE TOO, but not anymore.

He also ensured a relatively smooth and peacefull transition when he took over as president something that we can all be thankfull for, the work and time he put in trying to unite a seriously devided nation we should and can not disregard......

In which world can the law dictate that a certain individual is allowed to freedom of speech and the other not, in which world can the law dictate that one might eat or buy at this shop/restaurant and the other not.

In which world am I not allowed to use the same tap or bathroom to drink from or to piss in...in which world would one individual have the right to vote and the other one not? In which world can government dictate we're I am allowed to live and or not.
In which country can I not go to a decent school if I wanted to and can afford it.

It would drive me to violence to be quite honest.... There were allot of things wrong in those days, Nelson was planting bombs and some police men were committing murder.., he just had to face justice.

We might not like it but it is the inconvenient truth.

All the conspiracy theories and BS is just exactly that...,,he will be missed.

My best always

About the rumors that Mandela actually died some weeks ago. I dont know if thats true or not, could be. To me its a non issue as an American, whether he died today or last month. Mandela was no angel, who is? He did help to bring about remarkable change during a very difficult time for RSA. He did it with grace and class and did his best to unite his country, and I am sure that uniting his country was always foremost in his mind, at least while he was President.

About the rumors that Mandela actually died some weeks ago. I dont know if thats true or not, could be. To me its a non issue as an American, whether he died today or last month. Mandela was no angel, who is? He did help to bring about remarkable change during a very difficult time for RSA. He did it with grace and class and did his best to unite his country, and I am sure that uniting his country was always foremost in his mind, at least while he was President.

Spot on. He probably did die some time ago but now he's finally free...

Was only venting on his political choice Jaco (i.e. communism) that's all. War is war, back then from what I have read and studied, that's what it was, it just didn't get global news coverage at the time. As far as bombs and guerrilla warfare, I have no problem with it, we have all done things that "again" in combat, when pushed or for a cause that we believe in we can do some pretty F****d up things, with no regrets. I do respect what he did, uniting a county is something not many can do, or care to do. Yes it was a jab... Some will get it.

I sincerely hope that with Mandela's passing that we are not seeing the ushering in of Malema to power.

While I understand the concern I fail to see how this can happen, Madiba has not been the president for almost 15 years, there have been 2 presidents since then...

I would not be concerned or rather I am not, Julius's following is not what it is portrayed to be and for any other party except the ANC to rule is virtually impossible.

To swing that amount of support towards Ju Ju's side I am sorry for him but not likely

As Totius once wrote: "BE STILL BROTHERS, A MAN HAS PASSED AND ONLY ONCE, HAS THERE BEEN SUCH A MAN....."
My best always

Mandela died today at 95.

..then, my friend, this makes for interesting reading...:hmmmer:

Team ALARM has been of the opinion that Nelson Mandela died quite a while ago. We do however have reason to suspect that his funeral will be held shortly. There are a few indications that his death might be made official shortly. In 2009 Mthata is declared a Rï½­apid High Impact Presidential Intervention Node and a serious effort was started to improve the transport, roads, electricity articulation and water provision in the greater Mthata area. The new extended runway at Mthata airport was taken into service at the end of May and the upgraded roads and electricity infrastructure was completed recently. Everywhere that important people and tourists would drive or move has been upgraded and repaired. Even some of the gravel roads have been extensively repaired and re-topped. Together with the new roads, bridges and electricity there are also new petrol stations, hotels, and the Nelson Mandela museum that all looks so shiny and new and very stylish. The Government is of course denying that any of this has anything to do with the potential funeral of Nelson Mandela. The Government insists that it is of course al part and parcel of the normal infrastructure and development project run by the benevolent ANC government to the benefit of the people of South Africa. We have to admit that the effort to improve the Mthata airport has been a long running effort that has bungled along since 2008 but has failed to materialise any tangible results due to the normal combination of corruption and ineptitude. That all changed rather drastically in 2012 when the improvement of the Mthata airport became a rapid development project. The project's Environmental Management Plan (EMP) states the following very plainly in its introduction: This is a special circumstances project and it is understood that this project is being undertaken for the provision of infrastructure for the landing of aircraft at Mthatha Airport for a special circumstance which is of national importance and is related to the former president. Point 2.2 on page 8 of the EMP under the heading Motivation for use of the proposed borrowpits the following statement is made: The Eastern Cape Department of Transport proposes to undertake the construction of a new runway at the Mthatha Airport in the Eastern Cape. This is a special circumstances project and it is understood that this project is being undertaken for the provision of infrastructure for the landing of aircraft at Mthatha Airport for a special circumstance which is of national importance and is related to the former president. On 22 November Zuma went to go and inspect the improvements and repairs in the greater Mthata area and tried to gain as much political mileage as possible from it. Basically al the political elite went to go and see if the place looked good and was apparently quite impressed with the way it displayed. Not all readers may realize that Mthata is only 31.3km from Qunu, the Eastern Cape home village of Nelson Mandela and the place where his funeral will take place. All the developments in the greater Mthata area also included Qunu and it is only a 33 minute drive on the lovely new roads to get to Qunu from Mthata and 36 minutes to drive the 36,6 km from the Mthata airport to Mandela's home in Qunu. On Wednesday 27 November the SAAF command cancelled the biannual Wheels and Wings show at the AFB Ysterplaat unilaterally and without any good and valid reason. Many people are seriously hacked of because a lot of time, effort and money has already been sunk into the event that was due to take place on 7&8 December. The unexplained cancellation of the show is bussy creating a lot of PR fallout. On Thursday 28 November the head of the SANDF cancelled all leave of all military personnel for the December period. No reason has been given. Team ALARM also became aware of large military convoys that will be moving from Pretoria and Bloemfontein to the Qunu area shortly. We have however not been able to verify this information yet. Should it happen that Mandela's death is made official the timing could not have been more perfect for the ANC. Mandela's funeral would attract more interest than the soccer world cup and everybody from Obama to the Pope would probably attend his funeral. Such a spectacle would go a long way in getting pressure of the ANC generated by the Nkandla scandal and the pending split of COSATU. Additionally it would be very, very beneficial to hold his funeral on 16 December that is already known as Day of Reconciliation that happens to be on a Monday this year. That means there is a very handy reconciliation long weekend appearing on the calendar in 16 days that can be used to absolute maximum benefit. The fact that Nelson Mandela the movie also appeared this last week handily provides the cherry for the cake. The opportunity is just too good to pass up and we wonder if the Government will really let it slide by without making use of it? Will we see an official announcement of Nelson Mandela's death in the next few days? It certainly looks like we are heading that way but we will only be sure when we hear the official announcement but will not be surprised at all when we do. Team ALARM

Sure doc it does so did all the other pieces pre 94. Regardless he has passed, governments all over the world delay sometimes weeks before releasing info...

At least now he is free...

My best always

Doc, I read that too and while perhaps true, whats the difference? I posted this today because it is news here in the states TODAY. Also, I never heard of Team Alarm until TODAY.

At least now he is free...

True, Jaco, and no more suffering. As I posted somewhere on this forum before, I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a good man. May he now, after his long walk, rest in peace.

Doc, I read that too and while perhaps true, whats the difference? I posted this today because it is news here in the states TODAY. Also, I never heard of Team Alarm until TODAY.

Also true, Scott, makes no difference at all. Though not surprising for most, it goes to show how governments can manipulate a nation for their own political agenda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg