Need advice on trip to Zambia

dargo

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My wife has made plans for a family trip to Africa leaving this week, with tourist type activities in Zambia, South Africa, and Botswana. She has made no plans for me to hunt while in Africa. To me this is like taking an avid golfer to Scotland and not letting them play golf. I work a lot and have not been involved in the planning of this trip. I am an avid North American deer, elk, etc. hunter. So here's the question: I will have one day in Zambia next week that I could hunt, is there any chance to get to hunt something with horns. I'd be happy with Kudu, Sable, Impala, or something similiar. At this point I'm not too picky. I can hunt either rifle or archery. I know this is crazy, but is the idea of a one day, one animal hunt even feasible?

Depending where you are going to be in the country i could put something together for you. Where will you be?

Dargo,
I have hunted Zambia extensively, actually have killed every species on quota there (except Jumbo) that is hunt able. My recommendation would be to take the family to see the Kafue Flats, an amazing place and shoot a Kafue Lechwe while there. One day trip perfection. Only place on earth to shoot one. Get on PHAZ website and find a PH to email, they all can take you there. it is a concession owned by a guy named Rashid something.

Steve

We will be in South Africa at the Tinga Private Game Lodge four 4 nights, Zambia at the Waterberry lodge for 2 nights, and Botswana at Muchenje lodge for 3 nights. I just got the itenary, so it looks like Zambia is our shortest stay and may be tough to schedule something. The other areas (countries) maybe easier to work with.

Dargo

Take a good camera and post pictures when you return...

Now how is your marriage going to work when your wife does not listen to you.

Never take a virgin to a titty bar and tell him he can look but not touch. Thats just asking for trouble!

We will be in South Africa at the Tinga Private Game Lodge four 4 nights, Zambia at the Waterberry lodge for 2 nights, and Botswana at Muchenje lodge for 3 nights. I just got the itenary, so it looks like Zambia is our shortest stay and may be tough to schedule something. The other areas (countries) maybe easier to work with.

hi dargo as you only have 2 nights at the waterberry lodge near livingstone i would say you dont have time to attempt a hunt. there is a lot to do there and it will take up your time and it would be a shame not to do them. you will obviously be going to see the falls which are mind blowing the first time you see them( my wife burst into tears she was so overcome by the spectacle) and then the sunset cocktail cruise on the zambezi is worth doing. the helicopter flight over the falls is amazing. you can also go visit the mosi o tunya national park. if you do have a few hours spare then go try and catch a tiger fish. :) and welcome to AH

Dargo, spike.t has a point! Enjoy your time with all the great non hunting activities together with the wife. A priceless tip would definitely be NOT to let the sun set without having a locally produced cold Mosi beer in your hand!!!
Then get yourself a hunt booked for 7 10 days next year. Plan to bring the wife along... One day will be rushed affaire and you will not have time to lay back and enjoy the experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg