NAMIBIA: Has Anyone hunted With Schoenfeld Safaris In Namibia?

AKSloper71

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, Alaska Chapter SCI, Trout Unlimited
Hunted
Namibia, Alaska, North America, South Africa
So, I ran through a couple of dozen outfitters and guides at the SCI convention and narrowed it down to a couple but the guy who impressed me the most was Stephan from Schoenfeld Safaris in Namibia. He was very passionate about his country, his family and his profession. It struck me in a good way so I am leaning his direction.

Anyone out there have any experiences with Schoenfeld Safaris?

Just looking for comments, good or bad.

Thanks,
Scott

If Namibia is where you want to go talk with Jerome the founder of this site.

Schoenfeld is an a grade outfit offering quality safaris you will not be disappointed, I have known them for many years from Norway, Germany and the U.S.

Jerome is also a good outfitter.

My best always

I ll let you know in September. I am hunting leopard with them.

Schoenfeld is an a grade outfit offering quality safaris you will not be disappointed, I have known them for many years from Norway, Germany and the U.S.

Jerome is also a good outfitter.

My best always
Jaco...never did get that buffalo quote

So, I ran through a couple of dozen outfitters and guides at the SCI convention and narrowed it down to a couple but the guy who impressed me the most was Stephan from Schoenfeld Safaris in Namibia. He was very passionate about his country, his family and his profession. It struck me in a good way so I am leaning his direction.

Anyone out there have any experiences with Schoenfeld Safaris?

Just looking for comments, good or bad.

Thanks,
Scott

Hello Scott,

There is surely a reason why Schoenfeld Safaris have been in the industry for so many years. I know them since my childhood and they are reputable, honest, and most of all boasts hunting experiences many only try to achieve! Going the extra mile, is part of what they do for every client.

Their brother company is Immenhof Hunting Farm http://www.immenhofhunting.com/ adjacent to Shoenfeld and then there is a smaller but even more personal outfit called Ongariwanda Hunting Safaris - http://www.africa-hunting-safaris.com/. Feel free to toggle Google and research them as well. I thought of adding them to the picture so that you can compare apples with apples. Outfits all in the same area, and same experiences will be shared.

All the best and take care,

Loodt Buchner

I ll let you know in September. I am hunting leopard with them.
Reviewing information regarding Schoenfeld Safaris and saw you were leopard hunting with them a couple of years ago. Were you satisfied with the hunt and their service?

Yes and no. Hard to explain. My PH was a last minute replacement as Stephan hurt his knee and was unable guide me. But I later found out he traveled to Germany to do the show. I hunted on the other property they owned which was several hours away from the castle. The last 3-4 days we did go back and hunt the castle property. Accomdations were nice food good and they do have some nice trophies on the concession. Honestly you can get better deals from other top end outfits in Namibia. The Schoenfelds are not willing to budge much on anything. For instance between my leopard hunt and the 6 other plains game I shot which totaled over 20 k they were not willing to discount a black wildebeest I wanted to hunt. I asked if the would give me the same price as I would pay in SA and they refused. I feel they are not worth passing up other outfits in Namibia. They mainly cater to European clients. Which by the way have a different price list I found out.

Yes and no. Hard to explain. My PH was a last minute replacement as Stephan hurt his knee and was unable guide me. But I later found out he traveled to Germany to do the show. I hunted on the other property they owned which was several hours away from the castle. The last 3-4 days we did go back and hunt the castle property. Accomdations were nice food good and they do have some nice trophies on the concession. Honestly you can get better deals from other top end outfits in Namibia. The Schoenfelds are not willing to budge much on anything. For instance between my leopard hunt and the 6 other plains game I shot which totaled over 20 k they were not willing to discount a black wildebeest I wanted to hunt. I asked if the would give me the same price as I would pay in SA and they refused. I feel they are not worth passing up other outfits in Namibia. They mainly cater to European clients. Which by the way have a different price list I found out.

Thanks for taking the time to type this out. This is good information to know. I am new to the site but have to trust what hunters have experienced in the past to make good decisions in the future. Thanks again for your help.

Good to know. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross