NAMIBIA: Otjinuke Hunting Ranch Namibia ?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by JGRaider, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JGRaider

JGRaider AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    B&C
    Hunted:
    US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
    Has anyone hunted with this outfitter in Namibia, Otjinuke Hunting Ranch. I've checked some of their references and so far so good, but I'm hoping to hear from some around here who have been hunting with him. Thanks for the help.

2. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    JG

have you checked the outfitters report section?

3. JGRaider

JGRaider AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    B&C
    Hunted:
    US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
  4. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Having looked at their website I see they have been a round for some time. That in it self says something good. Good reports (although some what dated) but contact as many as you can. And then see how your questions are answered to get a feel of "is it a good fit for me". Good luck and you should have a great time.

5. Fun in Angola

Fun in Angola New Member

JG Raider,

I recently hunted Otjinuke in November 2012. I had a wonderful time. Mr Muller and staff were outstanding and I thought went above and beyond. The lodge was very spacious and comfortable. The food is delicious consisting mostly of game from previous hunts. I took nine animals with only three not gold. The Steenbuck (just missed), warthog (by choice, but saw plenty of gold metal quality animals) and Kudu, misjudgment on my part. I saw several Kudu later that were definitely Gold Metal. My Impala is the new ranch No. 1. There is plenty of game and the hunting method is your choice. I mostly hunted by stalk, but took a couple of animals from the truck. For the price and quality, I was very happy and I would highly recommend the ranch.

6. DaveTaylor

DaveTaylor New Member

I have personally hunted at Otjinuke Ranch twice. Once in 2006 and then again in 2010. Each time I hunted I was extremely happy with the quality of animals available to be hunted. Method of hunt I preferred was stalk. Gert has about 6500 hectacres (1600 acres) which provides lots of land to hunt. My frist trip, I took seven animals - kudu, gemsbok, red hartebeest, impala, blue wildebeest, hartmans (mountain) zebra and warthog. The warthog I belive is still number 5 in Namibia. My second trip, I took five animals - two blesbok, two impala and a burchells (plains) zebra. I really can not say enough about the quality of the hunt and everything involved with the hunt. Gert and Marina went out of their way to ensure the hunt was what we expected and wanted. I am hoping to go back there again soon to hunt again. If you do hunt there, I am sure you will have an excellent hunt.

7. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    6500 hectares equals 16061 acres.

8. DaveTaylor

DaveTaylor New Member

Guessed missed a zero when typing

9. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I make plenty of errors too. I just didn't want some one to think it was 1600 acres.