wilydawg

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
USA (Utah, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, California, South Dakota); Canada (Alberta, Manitoba); Africa (Namibia)
My wife and I just returned from our Namibian hunt. We had a great time there enjoying the Country, the people, the food (Oryx and Kudu steaks grilled over a bed of Camel Thorn coals after the days hunt is an unforgettable experience!), all of the wildlife, and especially the awesome hunting! In a ten day hunt I took nine outstanding trophies which included, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Springbuck, Blesbuck, Zebra, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Warthog, and Oryx. The quantity and quality of game we saw was simply amazing!

In addition to the animals hunted, we saw Giraffes, Jackals, Baboons, Steenbuck, Klipspringer, Black Wildebeest, African Wildcat, Ostrich, Mongoose, plus some I know I'm forgetting, along with a plethora of game birds, birds of prey, waterfowl, etc. etc.

The Van Niekerk family of Uhlenhorst Hunting Safari's were our most gracious hosts. Hoekus Sr., his wife Connie and son Hoekus Jr. who was our PH provided us with the trip of a lifetime. Senior ensured that all of our arrangements were in order, along with spending some time guiding; Connie made sure that all of our meals were a special event, even when that meant packed lunches!, as well as spending time shopping, visiting family, etc with my wife when she wasn't out hunting with us; and Junior proved to be very skilled at judging trophies, knowing the habits of the animals and thereby the best strategies to employ in hunting them, and was also an all around super fun guy to spend time with in the field. The rest of their staff, IE: tracker/skinner's, maids, kitchen staff, etc all performed flawlessly to help ensure an unforgettable experience.

The equipment and facilities used in their operation are all "top notch", with the clients enjoyment, comfort and safety always the number one consideration.

Their website says that you will "arrive as clients and leave as lifetime friends", and both my wife and I would definitely agree with this statement! I have no interest in their outfit other than as a very satisfied client who has no problem whatsoever endorsing them to anyone who is looking for a quality family oriented African hunting experience. You can bet that we will return to hunt with them again, as I want to take my kids over to experience all they have to offer, not to mention I still want to take an Eland, a Waterbuck, Steenbuck, hmmm, what else???

Here are some pics from the hunt, I hope you enjoy them!
DSC_0724.jpg
DSC_0254.jpg
DSC01698.jpg
Red Hartebeest.jpg
Warthog.jpg
Kudu.jpg
Blesbok.jpg
Springbuck.jpg
Blue Wildebeest.jpg
DSC_0535.jpg
Cheetahs.jpg
Family.jpg
Warthog mama and baby.jpg
Wildebeest herd.jpg
Sunset.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Jackal.jpg
Giraffes.jpg
Blesbok herd.jpg
DSC_0079.jpg
DSC_0375.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg
DSC_0597.jpg
DSC_0542.jpg
DSC_0393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wilydawg, that look on your face beside the Kudu in those rocks says it all.

Congratulations. Very nice trophies for sure.

Love that Springbok..

You'll be back for more. :)

Congrats on very fine trophies. That kudu is massive!

Thanks for the hunt report and pictures wilydawg, glad you had a great time in Namibia.

Thanks for the hunting report! Nice pictures!

wilydawg Congrats on a fine hunt and Thanks for posting those are some fine trophies.

Very nice wilydawg. Great pics. I especially like the panoramic pic of the black wildebeest

My wife and I had an awesome experience with the Van Neikerks in 2010!

Congrats on some great trophies. I love that gemsbok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.