AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NWTF, RMEF, SCI, NRA LIfe
Hunted
Namibia, Canada, U.S.A.
This hunt would work great for a group of guys who enjoy hunting with muzzleloaders. The hunt will be conducted on a private farm near Omaruru and an area in the Western Desert. Gert van der Walt Safaris is sponsoring the hunt.
Gert has never hosted a group of black powder hunters before, so he is slashing his daily rate to $250 per day for a minimum 7 day hunt. The ratio of hunters to guide will be 2X1. In order for this hunt to be booked, there must be a minimum of four hunters and a maximum of six. The daily rate includes VAT and excludes alcohol. Black Powder is available for purchase in Namibia.
Trophy fees are reasonable such as kudu $1,500, gemsbok $650, zebra (Hartmann's or Burchell's $1,000, springbok $550, Steenbok $420, Hartebeest $650, Eland $1,900. Other prices are available on website.
Culling for non-trophy animals is available after three trophy animals have been taken by the hunter. Culling prices are $140 for springbok, $180 for gemsbok, $180 for hartebeest and $180 for blesbok.
Questions? See website, or email.

What black powder is available in Namibia?

Sondex FFG and FFFG.

Dates available are June of 2012. If any group of hunters is interested in bowhunting for the same price I have dates available at the end of July and the beginning of October. All of the other terms are the same.

Jim,
I just had a look at Gert's website and was wondering what time of the year the Backpack hunts are conducted? Sounds like an exciting adventure. Which animals are commonly taken on the backpack hunt?

Thanks,

Ty

Ty,

Thanks for the kind words. I would suggest May through August. The backpack hunt is more for the experience than the total bag. Obviously it will be smaller than a traditional truck based hunt. Gert uses porters (cool huh?) to move the camp more easily and to allow for proper care of the meat. He has the rights to nearby private land with a farmhouse where meat and capes etc. can be taken.
Springbok and gemsbok (trophies and culls) are the main focus. Kudu, steenbok, mountain zebra and klipspringer (quota permitting) can be hunted as well. If you want a more varied trophy list you could do the backpack hunt and add days in another area of the country.
I am booked for 10 days to hunt the Waterberg area with Gert in June 2013 and am itching to try the backpack hunt for myself just for the experience of it. Want a hunting partner? LOL.
We would need 50-percent of the daily rate to book the hunt. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Thanks,

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.