Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
After my 10 day hunt in Zimbabwe, I met my wife, daughter and another couple in Joburg. We flew to Windhoek the next day and did a 7 days plains game hunt in early June, 2015 at Hunter's Namibia Safari, owned by Joof and Marina Lamprecht. These folks were named the 2014 Outfitter of the Year by the Dallas Safari Club. Marina does a great job hosting and taking care of everyone. The lodge staff is fantastic, with great attention to detail. Great place, with 2 different lodges that are both 5 star accommodations and gourmet dining. Great hunting, particularly Oryx, Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest and Waterbuck. This was the first hunt for my 21 year old daughter (who got the urge after going on a photo safari to Chobe last year). She was able to take several nice trophies (Hartebeest, Oryx and Zebra). The property is about 50,000 acres and is located about an hour from the airport.

My only complaint was how they bill "hunting days." We were billed for 7 hunting days and really only hunted 6 days. They considered the day we arrived as a hunting day and we really didn't hunt. We arrived just after noon time, had lunch and got settled into our rooms. Later in the afternoon, went to the rifle range and everyone shot. It was after 4pm by the time everyone was done, so we "hunted" our way back to the lodge. Despite this, I'd go back again. If you want to impress a non-hunting spouse, this is a really nice place to go and spend some time. My non-hunting wife would ride around with my daughter and me during the afternoon hunts, but would skip the morning hunts. We combined photo safari and hunting safari during the afternoons and it worked great.

welcome to AH ,
sounds l;ike a fun trip
what did you hou hunt in Zimbabwe
. love to pictures from both your adventures

A few photos from the June 1-8, 2015 plains game hunt at Hunter's Namibia Safari.

Attachments

• 2015 Namibia with Hunter\'s Namibia Safaris.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 339
Congrats for the great hunt and nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to AH. Great first posts.

Thanks for sharing your hunt and photos. Hunting with your daughter is pretty special.

All the best.

Glad you Had a good safari. I had to comment on the billing policy. That alone would keep me from booking with them. Your first day was NOT a hunting day. I would not of been happy. Bruce

Thanks for paying your AH taxes. :)

Welcome 375 Ruger!

Welcome and congratulations on some fine trophies. I too will make my first safari in September to Namibia. I of course am no authority on Africa but from my research your first day is NOT a hunting day it's considered a travel day at a lesser rate. Usually they charge the first and last day at observer rates.

Congrats on an excellent hunt. Looks like a wonderful time with the family.

As Bruce said the "hunting day" you were charged wasn't a hunting day. I'll be sure to add them to my places not to go.

Thanks for the hunt report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg