NAMIBIA: Hunt with African Days Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Stuart70, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Stuart70

Stuart70 New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hudson Rod and Gun Club, NRA, SCI
    Left for my first Safari September 12, flew from MSP to Dulles on to JFK, following day left for Johannesburg, then on to Windhoek, Namibia. Had definate concerns with rifles, evrything was handled wonderfully. South African Airlines, took care of rifles in NewYork, and they were waiting for us in Police holding in Namibia. No sooner did we get our bags and Jaco and Marius were there to greet us and get us to the vehicles. We had an hour drive to Khaya Guest House in Okahandja. We arrived and were greeted with dinner of Kudu sausage, oryx steaks, potato lasgna and Windhoek lager. Guest house was a great first night, it allowed us to unwind and spens some time with our PHs around the boma. Our group of four hunted four differnt concessions of 25,000 hectares. We harvested zebra, warthog, gemsbok, springbok, blesbok, blackwildebeest and red hartebeest. Five of our animals will qualify for NAPHA medals, two gold two silver and a bronze, the warthog and gemsbok will also qualify for patron medals. Our PHs were extremely knowledgeable, able to find us quality animals, and most importantly IMO patient. This was my Moms first hunt, our PH put her on a 700lb zebra, and a beatiful red hartebeest. Camps were very comfortable, with many amenities,food was exceptional, we wanted to eat all game and they provided that for us. Hot water at all camps, drinkable well water. Would highly recommend African Days Safaris for anyone interested. We were treated well by everyone who was involved in our safari from Pieter the owner, to Elaine our booking agent to all staff in Africa. Pics to follow.
  2. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Great stuff. It's always good to hear about a trip that went well.
  3. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Good to hear, I prefer to eat all africa game meat too, when in Africa.
  4. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    sounds like youse had a great hunt with a good outcome in the trophy department
    the whole outfit sounds great
    well done
  5. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Looking forward to the pictures!
  6. timbear

timbear AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SSAA, NZDA
    Hunted:
    Germany, NZ, Australia
    ...and maybe some details of the hunt, please!
  7. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Sounds like you had the best of times looking forward to the pics. And Welcome to AH!