NAMIBIA: Great Experience with JB safaris

High country

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi all, I recently got back from a great safari with Jan Breedt of JB safaris. I bought the hunt at an SCI auction for two hunters and two observers 5 days/3 days hunting(we expanded on that). My wife and I along with another couple spent 5 days hunting and 4 days sight seeing with Jan and his family and had an absolute blast. We hunted the first five days and my buddy Jon tagged out on the third night, he was able to harvest all nice trophies including eland, gemsbok, kudu and warthog. After missing a nice kudu on the first night I had a real dry spell and was not able to pull the trigger again until the third night in which I connected with a nice gemsbok. The following morning I was able to get some nice cull cows including red hartebeest and black wildebeest. It was on the fifth day that I was able to get my kudu, what a dream come true! On top of great hunting the meals, accommodations, and hospitality were top notch. The next 4 days we spent sightseeing with the first day driving through Etosha Pan national park, that was amazing! The next day we drove west towards the coast through the desert near spitzkopf mountain and spent the afternoon and cape cross seal reserve, really neat and really smelly! The following day we went shore fishing, due to large waves and murky water the fishing was slow but we were able to catch a few small sand sharks and a nice spotted shark. The last day we started out by touring walvis bay, than climbing atop dune 7, we snuck in nine holes of golf at swakopmund (the course was an oasis in the middle of the desert covered with springbok......very neat!) after that it was back to Windhoek to grab an early flight the next day. Jan exceeded all expectations making this a great great trip. I could post some pics but I'm not sure how to off of an I pad, if any body knows how I'd share some photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had a great trip and got to do some sight seeing!

Congrats for your hunt ! Pictures ???

Last day kudu with trackers Stefanes and Samurai

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for adding some pictures.

Yes, he was extremely old. There was a younger dominate bull with about 6 or 7 cows and he would not let the old bull anywhere near the cows or water hole. Very fun to watch!

Here is another of the dark giraffe getting chased of by the other

image.jpg

Well done HC! I don't think that old giraffe is long for this world, looking very bony.

Well done HC! I don't think that old giraffe is long for this world, looking very bony.

Wow, you are right, I don't even think the cape will look good when skinned.

gday high country ,thanks for your report and neat pictures
sounds like you all had a great time

Thanks for the hunt report and wonderful pictures.

Thanks all, I will try to give a better detailed story from the hunt next, ive been a little short on time this week. Wheels you may have old eyes but they are still keen as those of an eagle! The zebra was out feeding with another and a few springbok. Here is a few more. The zebras left rear hind quarter clearly was ripped open by a lion. I did not get a clear picture of that but here are some more of the abdomen, if you look closely in the photo from the rear you can see the gash on the left rear, vaguely.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks all, I will try to give a better detailed story from the hunt next, ive been a little short on time this week. Wheels you may have old eyes but they are still keen as those of an eagle! The zebra was out feeding with another and a few springbok. Here is a few more. The zebras left rear hind quarter clearly was ripped open by a lion. I did not get a clear picture of that but here are some more of the abdomen, if you look closely in the photo from the rear you can see the gash on the left rear, vaguely.View attachment 19311View attachment 19312View attachment 19313

These pictures shows the wound more on the right side other than directly underneath. It doesn't look as bad as the original one. Zebras are tough animals. If that was me I would be crying like a baby and on a morphine drip. It is good to see he has an appetite. It would have been interesting to see how he got away. Neat photos!

Congrats! Thanks for the hunting report and pics sounds like your hooked to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyn302587

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois