Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA Canada, RSA, Argentina, Namibia/Caprivi
Just returned from a great hunt in Namibia. I booked the hunt, air travel, and rooms through our very own safari gal, Lori Spears. My friend and I have hunted Africa several times so our list of animals we wanted to take was quite small. That being said if my wife had not been with me my list would have grown considerably. I saw so many trophy animals of different species as to be unbelievable.

This is the first time I have taken a bow to Africa, but I知 sure it won't be the last. The ranch we stayed at and hunted on had nice lodging and good food. Animals we saw ranged from Damara dik dik to Livingstone eland. We saw cheetah tracks on several occasions but never actually saw a cat. Instead of a long write up I will let the pictures tell the story.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

And of course, what's a trip to Windhoek without bargaining with the Himba women.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaustin welcome back!
Happy to hear you had a great bowhunt in Namibia.
Very nice Kudu. The picture of the Go Away Bird brought back some memories LOL!
Which outfit did you hunt with?

Thanks Thomas, my wife and I really get a kick out of those go away birds. This place was unbelievable, I had up to nine kudu bulls at a time coming in. One day I had over 20 kudu bulls within 20 yards and at least six of them were definite shooters. I ended up seeing bulls that would out measure the one I took but he had the shape and mass I wanted in a kudu bull. I booked this hunt with International Outdoor Consultants which is owned by Troy Ginn and Lori Ginn/Spears (safari gal). She took care of everything from start to finish. The hunt was with Antonie Louw (sp?). If I didn't already have an eland I would have taken one here, man the were huge. I saw tons of water buck, gemsbok, wildebeest, hartebeest, giraffe, and some great impala. I forgot to include a photo of my best shot of the trip; two guineas one arrow.

watermark.php

Nice shot on the guineas, looks like a great time.

Jaustin, glad to hear you had a good time and nice shot on those guineas! On my last day, I had a chance to take at least two "doubles" on guineas, but I passed out of fear of spooking something larger. Looking back, I wish I would've taken the opportunity. Congrats to you on the fine shot.

nd

Thanks Thunder and ndbwhnter, I waited until the last day, actually the last evening for my guinea assault. My wife said no more trophy fees so I really didn't have to worry about spooking anything. They had been tempting me all week and I was almost as happy taking them as I was the kudu.

Congradulations! I love the picture of the bird in the tree! Thanks for pictures!

Jaustin, Namibia is certainly a great destination for bowhunting, I am not surprised that you had a wonderful time... Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

You are right Jerome, Namibia has been very good to me, both with a rifle and a bow. I think next time I won't pass this big fellow:

watermark.php

Congratulations on your first Namibian bowhunt.
Wonderful Kudu.
Thanks for sharing the nice pics.

Congratulations on a great trip and some beautifull trophies! Namibia is truly a "bucket list" hunting destination.

Hi Jaustin i have never hunted Africa well done on your trip there some fine animals thanks for sharing the great photos of the trip top stuff

I think next time I won't pass this big fellow:

watermark.php

Jaustin, I will not be able to pass on this kind of trophy. Thanks for the pictures.

Congrats on a great trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg