AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NWTF, RMEF, SCI, NRA LIfe
Hunted
Namibia, Canada, U.S.A.
These hunts are offered in the western desert of Namibia on the Gaingu Conservancy and possibly some adjoining private land. Gert van der Walt is the professional hunter.
Hunts are scheduled for seven days, which includes five hunting days. Here is the sample schedule:

Day 1 - Arrive and leave from the airport to a farm house where you will prepare for the hunt.
Day 2 - You will be dropped off on foot in the concession and hunt on foot from there on. That night you and the ph will make camp and enjoy the night in the desert.
Day 3 - Hunt the whole day on foot. Either spend the night in the desert, or go back to the farmhouse for some luxury.
Day 4 - Hunt on foot and spend another peaceful night under African skies.
Day 5 - Hunt on foot and spend the last night under the stars
Day 6 - Hunt on foot and head back to the farmhouse
Day 7 - Return to Windhoek and the airport

Porters are used on this hunt for meat and trophy preparation. Hunters will need to be in good shape, as this is a demanding area to hunt. Obviously, the main appeal of this hunt is the adventure and natural beauty of the area. The total bag will likely be smaller than a hunt based out of a truck.
The most common animals in this area are springbok and gemsbok.
The daily rate for this hunt is $2,350 1X1 or $1,925 2X1. These prices include the ph, skinning and tracking (if needed), meals and soft drinks, some alcohol in moderation. The prices do not include airfare and accommodations before and after the hunt, insurance, and any taxidermy costs.
Trophy fees are kudu $1,500, springbuck - $550, Hartmann's Zebra $1,000, Blue Wildebeest $1,400, gemsbok - $650, black wildebeest $1,600, blesbuck $700.
There is a possibility of some culling being available during the hunt, but culling must be done in conjunction with a trophy hunt. Cull prices are between $140 and $180 per animal.

Yes, all together. Sorry about that. It should read "total daily rate."

I guessed so. A real walk and stalk hunt with sleeping out is by the way a nice thing and really something to consider. Unfortunately I am booked for this year. But maybe you will have this offer for next year as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!