NAMIBIA: Anyone Hunting Namibia In 2011

DOC-404

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone planning or already planned a hunt in Namibia for 2011?

yes, the trip is booked. 14 days self drive touring and 10 hunt. cant wait.

Yip, will not trade it for the world.:barmy: Hunting NW of Omaruru in May - Kudu. Then early June off to a farm in the Maltahohe district - Springbuck, and then late June to a farm in the Karibib district - Gemsbuck. A friend also invited me end July for a hunt in Otjiwarongo district - Eland - but with all the hunting before that i may well be stocked to the brim allready by that time - maybe i will just join the trip for the outing.

I take it you are from Namibia?
Where do you gentlemen (Kuduman incl.) plan your hunts this season, and what species?

Last edited:
Hey FHM,
I'm down the road from you,in the Bay..! I'm trying to find a fellow hunter from the USA who might bring some fibre-optic sights for me. I've lost money trying to order over the internet. Brownell's has front sights for the CZ 550's which are better for 'older' eyes.:cool:

i start my hunt northwest of windhoek for mountain zebra for 5 days then southeast of windhoek around rehoboth for springers and gemsbok and well take it from there. its a long winter here in northern canada and i cant wait.

planning a hunt in late september in the central north region , 10 days bow hunt

planned a trip with Japie Engelbrecht in early september for 8 days, east of windhoek

cheers
Rasmus

Yep. 10 days in late May with Omujeve Safaris.

Kudu and Gemsbok in July.
Eland, if I can't control myself! :)
Can't wait to taste the tenderloins on the Braai.

bout 70 days till we land in windhoek then 2hrs SE for 10 days plains game. Booked 2 years ago, talked to the hunt companey twice @ sci convention reno. Wiwsh airfare was cheaper it is the most costly part of the hunt,

On June 13th,my wife and I will leave Dulles for a 12 day hunt with Ozondjahe Safaris. At 52 years of age, I probably shouldn't wish time to fly by so quickly but I have been for about a year now. It hasn't been working. Obtaining a leopard permit and a extra 5 days in Cape Town thereafter for a anniversary celebration with my wife has me feeling like a teenager days away from getting a driver's license.

Thank you Jerome and Lori Spears for making the endeavor all the more pleasant and exciting.

PS...sorry I didn't begin my time here in the newbie's crib. I saw this thread and had to leap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH, hope your trip is memorable and the hunting is good.

Welcome to AH Robert! Glad you decided to jump in. I have a feeling that by mid-May you'll have your bags packed, ready and sitting by the door. :plane:

I am going to engelbrecht safaris on the mylpaal game reserve planning bow / gun hunt. trip to etosha

kudu gemsbok warthog springbuck hartebeest wildebeest

taking my wife

this is my first time going to africa any tips greatly appreciated
thanks
merlin

Check the thread list as we just did one a week or so ago on this subject. Lots of good advice. Mainly take lots of pics, enjoy the change, and try not to get impatient, its easy. Have fun!!

I will be going over May 1st with my brother and his wife to hunt with Johnny Schicherling My daughter and I went last year and killed 12 head. Think I'll move overthere.

2 WEEKS LEFT BEFORE MY FIRST (in a series) OF HUNTS START IN NAM !!!....tick-tock-tick-tock:barmy:

Eitaloo Hunting Lodge from about the 9 July 2011 for a week or so:cool:

Eitaalo Hunting Safari Africa

Gemsbok, Springbok, Black & Blue Wildebeest and Hartebeest:)
Will be using .375 H&H and .25-06 Remington

Gemsbok from last year....
watermark.php

Late afternoon, loading a Gemsbok
watermark.php

Welcome Robert to the AH forum, may you have an enjoyable safari and a better anniversary.
Do not forget to bring pictures back to show us...

On June 13th,my wife and I will leave Dulles for a 12 day hunt with Ozondjahe Safaris. At 52 years of age, I probably shouldn't wish time to fly by so quickly but I have been for about a year now. It hasn't been working. Obtaining a leopard permit and a extra 5 days in Cape Town thereafter for a anniversary celebration with my wife has me feeling like a teenager days away from getting a driver's license.

Thank you Jerome and Lori Spears for making the endeavor all the more pleasant and exciting.

PS...sorry I didn't begin my time here in the newbie's crib. I saw this thread and had to leap!

Original Harry - Welcome to the AH forum. May you have a great Safari and be sure to post back with a report on your outcome with pictures please..

Eitaloo Hunting Lodge from about the 9 July 2011 for a week or so:cool:

Eitaalo Hunting Safari Africa - Welcome to Eitaalo Hunting Safaris

Gemsbok, Springbok, Black & Blue Wildebeest and Hartebeest:)
Will be using .375 H&H and .25-06 Remington

Gemsbok from last year....
watermark.php

Late afternoon, loading a Gemsbok
watermark.php

Docman - i am sure some one on here would be willing to obtain the fiber sites you are looking for and be willing to send them to you...

PM me...with information you are looking for...
Anyone planning or already planned a hunt in Namibia for 2011?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois