NAMIBIA: Anyone Hunted Booked Through Northwoods Adventures

traviselmore

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I saw an advertisment for Northwoods Adventures in one of the SCI Magizines. They had a couple good offers in Nambia and South Africa. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this booking agent. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to AH.

Read there policies on cancellation and deposits.
Requiring a notarized letter with reasons to cancel a hunt. Really??? Gives me pause.

I know who you are talking about because they are based here in my home state of Wisconsin. I think the hunting operations are legit, I just don't care for the company that represents and sells the hunts. The owner is VERY SLICK and will say whatever to sell a hunt. I don't care for that type of attitude at all. But from what I've seen the hunting operations he represents are legit. The price sells the hunts for sure and I think that is why the hunts sell.

With a little more research you will find better people on AH.

Here's your answer

Do not book with him. I did to Mozambique in 1999 and didn't get anything, didn't see anything except for warthogs and baboons. No buffalo. However, I did make friends with the PH and he allowed me to return free of daily rates 2 years later and I found a nice buff but the operator went out of business before it could be shipped. I found a reproduction mount here in the US made from photos of my buff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg