Reaction score
Deals & offers
Leopard Hunting Package 2015:
14 days Erongo mountains-Namibia
VIP Area for leopard
U$22,500
Included:
Leopard, Hartmann’s Zebra, Kalahari Springbuck and Steenbok
Day rates, full accommodation, daily laundry, Professional hunter, Trackers, skinners, full equipped hunting vehicle, trophy, round airport trip and 15% Vat on service fees.

panorama-kl-jpg.46232

pool-kl-jpg.46231

Attachments

• Leopard Hunting Package US 2015.1.pdf
    795 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
Pre baiting?
Pictures of lodge?
Any trail camera pictures of the cats?
Who would be the PH?

Hi,
Attached please find the photos as requested. With regards to the PH, Gunter Schwalm is the owner from Omalanga Safaris. It can be agreed as to who will be the PH for the hunt.
Hope this answers your questions. Would you require pre-baiting?

IMAG0031 (3).jpg
pool-kl.jpg
panorama-kl.jpg
hartebeest-kl.jpg
zimmer-kl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the size of the concession? Is the lodging on the property or separate, if separate what is the travel time between the concession and lodge? Are other species than listed on quota and could be hunted? Travel time from airport(windhoek?) to the concession/lodging? Is this a concession or private property? Does price include the trophy fee for the 4 animals listed?

Is trophy fee returned if no exportable cat taken? How much?

Hi,
The farm, where the leopard will be hunted, is 11600ha and forms part of 70 000ha of concession areas (privately owned lodges) The lodging is on the property and the farm is +/- 200km from Windhoek. The trophy fees for the 4 animals are not included in the price, only the leopard. Other animals can be hunted and I can supply prices if needed.

If the hunt was not successful, US$ 4000 will be deducted off the amount.

Sorry, let me confirm the trophy fee if the cat is not exportable!

So your saying $18500 if no cat taken! Sir that is way too high of a price for this hunt! That price indicates about $1320 a day just to stay in the lodge. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Ditto

What would you say is an affordable price for a leopard? I would like to get a realistic cost..

I know where it is advertised for 14 day hunt, prebaiting included $16.000.00 if no Leopard taken $6,000.00 returned. I think that is equitable.

I know where it is advertised for 14 day hunt, prebaiting included $16.000.00 if no Leopard taken $6,000.00 returned. I think that is equitable.

From my experience looking at hunts in Namibia, the quote from Jim seems about right. From what I have seen usually 700 to 800 a day rate, the most I have seen is 1000. Also, from everything I have read is that pre-baiting is must especially for day time cats. I am not expert and I have not killed a leopard but I have read about a ton of hunts and seen the deals offered here and I am diligently saving.

I m paying a lot less than that for my leopard hunt in 2 weeks in your area with a very reputable outfitter. I must say his price was similar when we first started negotiation on the hunt. But we were able to come way down including pre baiting. I don't understand also with all due respect how you could ask "would you require pre baiting", that sir makes no sense. Also leopard are importable to the U.S. cheetah are not. You don't seem very well versed in some areas. I m hoping to put a very nice Tom in the salt in a few short weeks. If you doubt what I say you can look at some of my posts thread title "leopard trail cam pictures". Best of luck to you sir in selling the hunt.

A better deal would be at this time of year, $8000 base pay, including prebaiting, $8000 trophy fee if leopard killed. 50/50 proposition.

A better deal would be at this time of year, $8000 base pay, including prebaiting, $8000 trophy fee if leopard killed. 50/50 proposition.

Enysse I think you have hit the nail on the head!

Perfect..............

This late in the season I think this would be a good deal. I have seen late season offers on here in the past for just over 10,000 USD that would be about 133,159.30 NAD

Yea @Bobpuckett is right pointing out the exchange rate... The USD has gained a lot of value. I have not followed it compared to NAD, but it sure has changed compared to the Euro and Rand.

I'm glad to see guys calling out that some deals are not all that great. It seems often all that is said is "great offer"... Even when it is not. Nice to be polite but it does not do anyone any good to claim a deal is good and then it does not get sold... Probably even leaves a bad taste in the mouth of that outfitter and leaves him thinking the site is not a good place to advertise.... I had to admire the attitude in this regard of the PH I hunted with last November... He insinuated that the outfitter was ok because he had various other forms of income... But this PH needed the work, as did the rest of the staff, the quota was available and he still has several big ticket critters quota expire un-filled... So then the community gets no money and no meat and we all know that just leads to more poaching! So the PH went to his outfitter nd said, "hey we need to get something going here, selling a hunt at a discount and making some money is a lot better than not making a sale and making no money!" ...... Heaven forbid could the guy be a Capitalist?

But I got a deal on a hunt, the PH got paid, the staff got paid, the community got paid, the community got lots of meat, and the outfitter made money as well on quota he would have just lost... (and in deed he still lost some). And this site gets a report and positive feedback, heck I even felt so good about that deal that I paid support. That sounds like a bargain all around to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.