My Wife's Safari Pictures

Savage Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
My wife is a school teacher. After we got back from safari this sermon, she took her Ipad to school with her pictures on it. There were many very positive comments about her kill shots (we live in the pro-hunting state of Mississippi), but there were some somewhat negative comments too.

One lady, though, looked at the pics and said "Wow, that is awesome."
Lana was pleased with her approval.
Well it seems she was the talk of the school for a week, being as she is the only woman at the school that has hunted on a safari.
About a week later, the "wow" lady came up to her and said "I take back my awesome comment, I think it's horrible. I thought you had just posed with those animals."

When Lana told me that, I about peed my pants laughing.

So, Marius, I guess you did a fairly good job of cleaning off the blood and posing the animals for the pictures if this lady thought that you taught them to lay down in front of Lana (who is holding a rifle) and take their pictures together.

How does someone not know these animals are dead? lol

Attachments

• DSC_0238_zpsab68a30d.jpg
    DSC_0238_zpsab68a30d.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0456_zps00892a41.jpg
    IMG_0456_zps00892a41.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0302_zpsd406459a.jpg
    DSCN0302_zpsd406459a.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0347_zpsfb2def0b.jpg
    DSCN0347_zpsfb2def0b.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the caracal!!! Great pictures!

Great pictures! Got to wonder about the other teacher.

RPH, we have also hunted with Marius a couple of times and had fantastic trips. I told my wife this story and after she finished laughing her only comment was "please don't tell me the "wow" lady was a teacher"!
If she was i am truly concerned for the next generation. Marius might be a miracle worker when it comes to finding game ... but getting them to hold still like that for the photos could be a bit of a stretch?

Again, congrats on the trip, i love that Caracal ... Marius you can tie one up for me on the next trip!

It's been a couple months since we got back from KMG and I noticed one of our photos and it made me think about what that lady said. I laughed all over again.

Enysse- the guys who run the dogs for Marius's caracal hunts went crazy over this cat. They were talking about how large it was and record books, etc. I meant for Marius and I to measure the skull, but we forgot to do it.
CAustin- thanks, I did a hunt report for this safari with lots of pics if you want to peruse it .... http://www.africahunting.com/threads/kmg-safaris-round-2.16610/
Adgunner- it was our 2nd trip with Marius and, yes, the "wow" lady was a teacher. lol.

We got some great animals on this trip. After toting her rifle while hunting for her 4 animals, she agreed to let me hunt a little too. We went with 8 animals on our list and killed 11 and quit a day early and toured a game park.

Hello Savage Hunter,

Great photos and narrative, thank you for posting them.
You are blessed to have a wife that enjoys the outdoors.
My wife likes to fish but is not a hunter very much any more, (she was hunting here in Alaska from about age 10 or 11 through her 20s but finally decided it was not really her thing).
Yet she loves to eat wild fish and wild game meat, plus she had fox, river otter and weasel skins on her walls when I met her so, in that way I am blessed as well.
The two zebra I have taken so far were at her request, so that she could use them as part of her "nesting scheme of colors and decorum" in our house.

Re: the "Wow Lady", I am sad to report that there are millions of people around the world, who live every minute of every day throughout their dull and meaningless little lives, always in an arrested development / child-like / delusional / dream world of very strong denial.
They think meat comes from the store, and people who hunt are angry at animals, and they truly believe their own leather shoes, belts and hand bags are good but my fur hat is bad, etc, etc, etc.
It is pitiful but it is in fact who they are.
Trying to reason with them is like trying to reason with a toddler on meth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Great pictures Savage Hunter and very good story about your wife issue at the schooll......no way to do that here, I mean teacher taking hunting pics to the schooll....everyone would get horrorized for sure hahahaha......!!!!!

Very well done for you and your wife Lana.......!!!!!

HAHAHA! That's funny. Please tell me the "Wow" lady isn't a teacher. My dad bought a life size tiger stuffed animal for the grandkids and was walking around with it draped over his back. Some ladies gave him hell and said how horrible it was to kill a tiger. He told them "it's stuffed." They said we know, how could you kill an animal that is almost extinct and stuff it for your house. He just smiled at them and walked away.

As the saying goes, never get into an argument with an idiot, they have more experience than you do.

Well done Savage Hunter and thanks for sharing. What a great hunt. And to get to share it all with your wife like that truly is awsome.

And as for the "wow lady" comment it just continues to solidify that no matter how hard we try just can't fix stupid...

(y)That caracal looks HUGE, I'm most certainly jealous:cool:

About a week later, the "wow" lady came up to her and said "I take back my awesome comment, I think it's horrible. I thought you had just posed with those animals."

Just when you thought people couldn't get any dumber.

Nice pictures...

sounds like you both has a good time in Africa...

Great caracal! That is one trophy I would like to have in my upcoming safari. Less than a week away for me!

That is hilarious!

I had a couple of people on Facebook say something like "how did you get so close to that sleeping hippo" but they were joking.

I did have one acquaintance defined me and then go on a Facebook rant (someone else told me about it) about how could someone kill animals and then post them knowing how she loved animals. Like I'm supposed to live my life around her!

My friend, who just loves causing trouble, shared some Ted Nugent pics of a Moose and bear hunt just to see if he could get defriended by the woman. LOL

The indoctrination of our children is what has brought this great country to our knees, we are in check mate now because of the PC crowd that started rearing their ugly head in the 60's, they bred and created kids named moon beam and sunshine(no offense to the
very beautiful huntress in Montana that got her name from disposition rather than a natural wonder). They taught their kids that all was bad in this country if you were not exactly like them and had their dilusional beliefs about equality that they had. They called it "free love", my friends where I come from nothing is free, all is earned through hard work, especially love, be it physical or mediphorical like love for hunting and the game we hunt.
I put my children in a school that instills Christian principle to the kids at a great burden to my finances. Why? So that my children are judged on their academic achievement and not on their parents political views or the things that they enjoy. Not one Obama/Biden sticker on a car in that parking lot.
I would love to have a conversation with the "wow" teacher. It probably took her well over 4 years to graduate college to be a teacher to learn to be that ignorant!
Sorry for the rant, but this lady is proud of what she accomplished and she should have got nothing but congratulations instead of some anti's opinion of the bad things that she had done!

Great pics, congrats !

About the "wow" lady, well, just forget about her, it´s not worth it.

Great pictures!

Great photos. Looks like you both had a good time. Please pass my congratulations onto your wife.

All the best
Jono

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg