My Project

Hunt of a Lifetime

AH member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate to steal (my gunsmith's words) a p-14 enfield that was sporterized to 300 H & H . The person (unknown) who did the work was a master craftsman in his day according to my smith.
We are going to k-kote the barreled action , jewel the bolt and extractor add a 3lb trigger, and add a muzzle brake, plus glass bed the stock .
The smith just kept fawning all over this piece and could not believe how good the barrel was and how great the action was. feeds smooth and flawless
and when done should shoot pretty darned good as well.
I know it is not a full blown custom but it is too me and my meager income.
My Africa battery now consists of a 7x57( wife is claiming on waivers as i did not shoot it enough) this 300 H & H and my 9.3x62 which will still be my first love. When the 300 is finished will post some pics.

Wow sound like a very good buy well done.

Where are you going to go and hunt in Africa because I think the 7X57 is one of the best plains game guns ever build got one myself and it works great here in the bushvel of South Africa.

Do you have any markings on the rifle that show who did the work?

If one gets around enough there are always gems to be found. and you found one...

Post some pictures,Bud,post some pictures..!

I have found that if one has Patience and does some Proper Scrounging there are truly some GemsView attachment 15546, Diamonds in the rough so to speak,,,I just got done with a Small ring Mex Mauser that had evidently somebodies project Years ago,,the gunsmith work was perfect and just needed a little more work to finish,,going to make a great Varmmit Rifle chambered in 22-250

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you