My first lion

danilocf

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
CMC
I'm new in this Forum, but I arrived from SA 04/30. I've killed a lion at 30 yards with Johan Potgieter (Savanna Hunting Safaris). I spent three days tracking in a dirty area with a huge possibility of the lion charging at any time.My range of vision was about 60 yards. An experience I will always remember. After one big five, plains game means nothing! It's just like a paper target with blood. If you like to hunt, try hunting animals that can hit you. That's a real hunt!
Thanks Johan,
Danilo.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to a big and beautiful lion. What caliber and ammo did you use ? Looking forward to read a full detailed story of this hunt !

Hi Michael,

I used one 375 H&H, 270 grain soft point Federal Power-Shok.
I will try to write a full story later.
Thanks.

Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Congrats !! That's a record class Lion you took there. Welcome to the forum with such a BANG !!!!!!! Do pen your hunt at length for all of us. Glad you took the king with the emperor of all calibers the 375 H&H magnum.

Monish

Thanks Monish. Here's a photo of him in a different angle.
I'll try to send the full story soon as possible.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Danilo remarkable trophy Lion .

Monish

Congratulations Danilo! That's one really good looking Lion, thanks for sharing with all of us those beautiful pictures. I look forward to the story as well. Have you already decided the way that you will be mounting your Lion?

How about some details?? Where taken, with whom, caliber of rifle, etc..

BTW, congrats on the cat!

Danilo, congratulations that‘s a fine looking lion. Surely you also realize your good fortune in having taken him in so very few days. However, I find it rather unfortunate that since taking your lion you have now relegated plains game hunting and apparently the taking of any species other than dangerous game to such an insignificant level of satisfaction.

I am very fortunate to have hunted wild lions on multiple occasions over the years along with various other species of dangerous game animals in Africa and elsewhere. Yet as exciting and enjoyable as those hunts have been I always found myself looking forward to the enjoyment and excitement of the next hunt I was to go on whether it was for a dangerous game species or not.

I enjoy a variety of hunting and find it to always be exciting. Meaning no offense, I must say I truly hope I never arrive at the point where I compare a plains game hunt, a deer hunt or any other hunt with simply shooting at a paper target.

Beautiful trophy, looking forward to the full story. Congrats.

nd

Hi Big 5,

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear in my first message and someone misunderstood my words. I compare the feeling to hunt one lion with plains game. When do you hunt a lion the fear shows his face. What happens when you hit a Kudu or anything and they get free? You lose money and your self-esteem. You know that’s different with a lion. Track him and then shoot! That was I said. Each one is exciting and I'll continue to hunt plains game for my whole life, but the word “dangerous game” did it all.
Danilo

please do a write up when you started how you saw him etc.
congrats thats a pretty lion
All the best
Ibie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross