My first bow kill!!!!

keegangobey

Reaction score
Media
Hey guys...thought i would share my first bow kill with you.

woke up at 330 in the morning to be in the blind just before sunrise. Some animals came in but all females (impalas and zebra) then a heard of black wildebeest came in at about 60m. They were stuffed me around for 3 hours before i had my opportunity to take my shot. My patience paid off in the end as i shot the biggest bull in the heard. Shot him out of a blind at 40m. hit him just above the shoulder. penetration wasn't great as i hit the inside of his other shoulder but my mechanical broad head did enough damage. the entry would was around 2.5' wide and i cut the archery to the heart and a bit of the front lungs. the bull ran 50m before expiring. It was only my second bow hunt and already planning many more hunts this year.

hope you enjoy the pics:D

Attachments

• P1020606.jpg
    P1020606.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 197
  • P1020601.jpg
    P1020601.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 175
  • P1020616.jpg
    P1020616.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 160
congratulations! Great animal to get as a first. I am sure there will be many more successful hunts in your future.

Congratulations ! Nice to know that all the hard work pays off.
Good luck on the rest of the hunts

Congratulations!
Isn't it a great feeling to see that after all the tension and excitement building up the shot was placed so good to achieve such a quick success?
Nice hunt!

Congradulations, your patience paid off!

Nothing more memorable than your first with a bow, well done!

Congrats, beautiful wildebeest, the hard work makes it more memorable does'nt it.

thanx guys. i am itching to get back into the bush again....can't wait! good luck with your hunting this year!

A big congratulations from one bow hunter to another!

There is just nothing like your first successful hunt with bow.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Congradulations,
May it be the first on many.

Congrats from another fellow stick flicker. I would say you are now officially "hooked" on bowhunting.

nd

Congrats !!! My dad shot a black wildebeest as his first animal as well.
You should be proud of yourself.

Dox

Well done on your first animal wit bow & arrow, my there be many more!

Congratulations on a nice wildebeest.
Now the addiction has started?

First Kill with bow

Hi mate well done i am a Australian bowhunter have never hunted in Africa my first bow kill is a feral boar .Top stuff on your first kill hope you have many more.:worship:

Congrats. Bowhunting is very satisfying isnt it. My first bowkill was a black bear, yours is way cooler!

Awesome trophy picture. Very nice bull.
Great patience and it paid off in spades for your first trophy.
Thanks.. keep them coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross