trigger creep

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA
My dad got a monster 8 point with a Husqvarna .30-06 on Saturday, which was the last day of Deer season here in PA. I was just 35 yards away from him when he first shot at this buck, and I almost fell over when he fired. This is my dads biggest buck he has ever shot, and to make it even better, he shot it with his grandfather's rifle! His grandfather gave him that Husky .30-06 which he has now killed, 3 deer and a Cow Moose with it. Here is the pic of me and my dad with the Buck:

watermark.php

I almost got a Buck on Saturday also, here is what happened. I decided, right before dark to get up and walk around a little. So I was walking and I look and I see a doe, so I stop and look to see if there was a Buck around ( I already got a Doe this year so I didn't have a Doe tag ). And sure enough there was, another big buck! I couldn't believe my eyes. So, I brought the gun up, turned the 3X-9X scope to 6 X, took a deep breath too steady my nerves, and just as I was about too fire..... Somebody starts coming out of the woods! That buck took off like a rocket and all I saw as it was running away was this rack.:vomit: I had a very steady hold and I felt like there was nothing that could stop me from bagging this buck, well turns out I was wrong.... Oh well, I still have muzzleloader season coming up.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 people who know how to score White-tails say it is probably going to at least score 130 B&C. We haven't had it officially scored yet, but we soon will and I'll post what it scores.

Congradulations, I think it will score around 125+.....still the score doesn't matter in the end...it's the memories of the hunt that last :).

Congradulations, I think it will score around 125+.....still the score doesn't matter in the end...it's the memories of the hunt that last :).
No, the score doesn't matter, but it is interesting nonetheless. My dad says thank you for the congrats and for your opinion as to what the buck will score. :) We have never been caught up in what things score, but with a buck this nice we are interested in what it will score.

Christian

Very nice buck and congratulations to you and your Dad .

I remember hunting with my old man when I was younger . You will always remember the hunting trips with your dad !

Sorry, can't help with a estimate on the horns.

Congrats to you dad Christian, nice buck. Savor these times, they fly by!

Hey Christian,

Congratulations to you and your dad! Great story and that's what hunting is all about.... Those memories with your dad and close friends! Nobody can ever take it away from you!

Best regards,

Thanks all. I have been on many hunts with my dad and I enjoyed all of them. I have hunted Pronghorn in South Dakota, 2 Moose in Vermont, and 1 Moose in New Hampshire. And that is just the out of state stuff, I have plenty of memories from here in P.A. He started taking me out hunting at age 4 and because of that I LOVE hunting. A bad day in the woods beats a good day doing school work.....

P.S The buck scored 120 B&C.

Christian,,, Congratulations for both of you for a very nice deer,,,, Treasure the moments afield with your dad, there is nothing like it as you well know.
Ortega y Gasset Spanish philosopher said "We do not hunt to kill, we kill to have hunted" I am sure that the one that got away is the one that really will have you coming back to the field, even more than the nice eigth pointer bagged....enjoy the chase!!!!

Christian,,, Congratulations for both of you for a very nice deer,,,, Treasure the moments afield with your dad, there is nothing like it as you well know.
Ortega y Gasset Spanish philosopher said "We do not hunt to kill, we kill to have hunted" I am sure that the one that got away is the one that really will have you coming back to the field, even more than the nice eigth pointer bagged....enjoy the chase!!!!
The one that got away from me is definitely going to play a hand in me going back out in Flintlock. However, I will shoot any Doe that comes past.

Great story and hunt. Tell your Dad I said congratulations. Sorry your buck escaped, but you have joined a very large and not too elite bunch. We all (most) have a similar story to tell. that buck like a quality 120 class deer to me at first glance. The numbers don't matter, but they do contribute to what matters.

That’s a nice buck for Pennsylvania. I wish our deer had a chance to get older, we’ve never been able to break the 130 mark or find deer older than 3.5 on our properties in NW PA.

Great story and hunt. Tell your Dad I said congratulations. Sorry your buck escaped, but you have joined a very large and not too elite bunch. We all (most) have a similar story to tell. that buck like a quality 120 class deer to me at first glance. The numbers don't matter, but they do contribute to what matters.
That’s a nice buck for Pennsylvania. I wish our deer had a chance to get older, we’ve never been able to break the 130 mark or find deer older than 3.5 on our properties in NW PA.
Unless I'm mistaken, this thread is 10 years old.

Unless I'm mistaken, this thread is 10 years old.
You’re right lol! Our season just ended last Saturday, made sense to me, forgot to look at first date

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois