Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Finally picked up my 404J last week. As a reminder, this started as a M70 Classic in 300 RUM. Put on a Pac Nor barrel, NECG sights and Williams one piece bottom metal. I found a surplus stock on line from the Cabelas 50th anniversary run a few years back and my smith Cerakoted it in graphite black. It's resting on my gun case made from my buff back skin from my last safari. Working up loads, but all indications are it is a shooter. Headed to Zim next May for spots and buff. Woo hoo!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Congrats, she is a beauty!

Thanks, reedy. She weighs 10.1 lbs scoped and with the M70 action is pretty trim. When I bring it up to my shoulder with my eyes closed, then open them, I am looking right at the target. Perfect!

Man that's awesome, fits like a glove when you shoulder it!

Looks great.(y)

Thanks, Wheels.

Your of course going to bring that down to Arizona next winter right? (y)

Absolutely, Phil. Have gun, will travel :)

You done good. Enjoy.

Looks just great! Congrats on owning the legendary 404J!

Could you elaborate on this comment? "Williams one piece bottom metal"

A.) What is that?
B.) Why would you want that in lieu of other bottom metal?

Thanks, Rookhawk. The Williams bottom metal is steel as opposed to the pot metal factory piece and, therefore, in theory, more stiff which, again in theory, contributes to accuracy.

That's a great rifle , great caliber and a great action .

Congrats.

Welcome to the club. Nice looking rifle and a nice weight. Mine uses approx 83gr of ADI2209/H4350 to get about 2300fps with a 400gr Woodleigh.

Congrats on the new 404J but I can't see your pics

outstanding rifle!

-matt

Great looking rifle! Can't wait to hear about how she performs on your next safari!

Thanks, all, for the complements. Very much looking forward to seeing what she can do. @Rob404, can you see the pics? I uploaded them and they show up when I open the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you