My 2016 South Africa Hunt Countdown Begins

Good advice BWH, I'll surely make the wisest choice I can when the time comes! If that's possible

And now Bill, that is the Nyala of my dreams too!
Sorry guys.... this Nyala looks an AWFUL lot like the one I took last week!!!!

Bruce that is just mean. LOL You took him and did not share a picture that is just plan wrong. You just stay out of the northwest area and leave my nyala alone please.

Dam... I left my camera on the bus with this beauty's pic... will send the trophy pic when it is done!!:ROFLMAO:

What an amazing experience you have ahead of you! And the beginning of an addiction that will have no end. I'm heading back for the third time a month after you. But a big fat mean dagga boy is on my list. And whatever else I haven't taken so far that crosses my path. Absorb every moment of it. We all look forward to your photos and report. :)

Reedy,
The taxidermist finished my Nyala, impala and zebra from Paw Print in 2014. I got a double pedestal mount and I am still working on a base and will add some grass, etc. The double mount looks nice and saves room I'm almost done with the Zebra base. Also in the background is my 14 lb brown trout from NY state. My man cave is taking shape!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You guys are so hyped when talking about hunting in Africa... GREAT!!! MAYBE I should start looking at hunting North America ??? (n) :D

Thanks Christina,

I certainly will enjoy and will take as many pics as I can and post a report!

Nice Lee,

Thanks for sharing!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get all packed and gun sighted in!
In 60 days from today days I'll be with Martin Pieters in the Omay. I can hardly get anything else done but dream and prepare for my safari.
Regards,
Philip

Thank you Philip! I wish you the best of luck also, that should be an amazing hunt in a great place!

Reedy how many days now? You got to keep everyone straight on that. We are all excited for you! Have you started putting all your stuff in one place.....making a list yet?

Bruce,
We have some nice critters over here as well. Deer, pronghorn, elk as well as trout and salmon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
CAustin,

85 days!! Every time I go to bed and think I'm ready to fall asleep, a Nyala or buffalo runs through my head!

CAustin,

85 days!! Every time I go to bed and think I'm ready to fall asleep, a Nyala or buffalo runs through my head!

This is good thing! You are conditioning your mind fir the hunt of a lifetime! Pieter will show you some very nice critters and if you happen upon a very Large Nyala wearing a pink shirt......shoot it, billc will not mind!

This is good thing! You are conditioning your mind fir the hunt of a lifetime! Pieter will show you some very nice critters and if you happen upon a very Large Nyala wearing a pink shirt......shoot it, billc will not mind!
Charlie, we are keeping a little spike horn Nyala for Bill, dont want to see him as scared as when he was running from his giraffe!

Charlie, we are keeping a little spike horn Nyala for Bill, dont want to see him as scared as when he was running from his giraffe!

About a two year old should be just right for Bill. Take this guy reedy to where I shot mine and he will get a nice one indeed. Bill doesn't need to go there!

Ah. The Giraffe story revisited. I think he ran out of bullets as well! . We have video to back that up

Will do Charlie,

Nyala-Pink shirt-boom. Or any other amazing Nyala we happen across.

There you go Reedy......no need to worry about Billc. If Pieter takes you up on the mountain side, trust me there are really nice Nayala up there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois