Multiple Rear Blade Sights?

Rifleman

AH member
Reaction score
I recently saw a post on a thread about the best all purpose caliber (sorry, I don't remember who posted it), and they said their choice for the best set up would be a .375 H&H with rear blade sights cut for 50 yds, one for 100 yds, and the third for 200 yds. Now, I've been into shooting sports for well over 12 years, and I've never seen anything like this. Are multiple rear sights common in African hunting? I just don't see how the sight picture would work. It sounds like a good idea though.
-Chase

Mine rifle is new. The sights are commonly found on newly-made rifles that are made in the "express rifle" style. Not typically found on budget rifles.

I expected not. I have always been into the more "tactical" shooting style here in the US, so I'm not too familiar with hunting rifles, and I'm slowing finding that these are the types of features you can pay dearly for. Thanks for the help!

The CZ 550 Safari is available with multiple leaf express sights. These rifles can be found for under $1000 used and start at just over for new and progress up to the Safari Classics series that can be about $3000.

The CZ 550 Safari is available with multiple leaf express sights. These rifles can be found for under $1000 used and start at just over for new and progress up to the Safari Classics series that can be about $3000.
Thanks! That's just what I was looking for. I'll have to do some research and see what people have to say about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois