Mozambique Trip Taxidermy Progress

fantastic BB ,specially that croc.....

Thanks Bluey! I'm pretty pumped. Bullseye did an awesome job!

They look great!

Can the hippo come too?

Hard to believe but that is a "replica" that Bullseye made for me based on my pictures. Once the ban is lifted in Moz, hopefully, I'll get the skull.

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Hopefully the shipping goes well!

Trophy shipment update:
Well the crate arrived in New York by sea and all was safe and sound. I guess it made it through customs and on to USFW. I know this because I just got off the phone with a USFW agent. He wanted to know where my paper work was for my hippo mount. I had to explain it to him that the hippo mount was actually a "replica" and that the whole thing is fake, thus no paper work/documentation was required. Then he ask why I had a replica made if I had not hunted a hippo? I had to explain that I indeed, hunted and harvested a hippo to which he repied "Then why did you have a replica made?" So I proceeded to explain that USFW and CITES would not allow importation of hippo trophies from Mozambique and all the reasons that decision was made. At that time he said "Oh, that explains it. Thank you very much. Good by"

I didn't know if I was pissed off or what. Then it occured to me that my hippo relica, done by Bullseye, must have turned out extremely realistic. So, as long as they release everything and it all shows up in Texas I am a "happy camper"!!!

To be continued.......

Trophy shipment update:
Well the crate arrived in New York by sea and all was safe and sound. I guess it made it through customs and on to USFW. I know this because I just got off the phone with a USFW agent. He wanted to know where my paper work was for my hippo mount. I had to explain it to him that the hippo mount was actually a "replica" and that the whole thing is fake, thus no paper work/documentation was required. Then he ask why I had a replica made if I had not hunted a hippo? I had to explain that I indeed, hunted and harvested a hippo to which he repied "Then why did you have a replica made?" So I proceeded to explain that USFW and CITES would not allow importation of hippo trophies from Mozambique and all the reasons that decision was made. At that time he said "Oh, that explains it. Thank you very much. Good by"

I didn't know if I was pissed off or what. Then it occured to me that my hippo relica, done by Bullseye, must have turned out extremely realistic. So, as long as they release everything and it all shows up in Texas I am a "happy camper"!!!

To be continued.......

That's classic!!!

I suggest you laugh, just so your head doesn't explode!!!

ha ha ha hya some dick behind a desk , working for USFW, processing your cites paperwork for Mozambique trophies .ha ha ha
didn't know that you had to get a replica ha ha ha made , because , you couldn't import hippo parts , into the USA , ha ha ha ha ,
dude you have just cracked me up .

Must be pretty decent work to get around an expert like that. :ROFLMAO:
You have to laugh Wes. That is hilarious.

Hope they get home soon and YOU are thrilled with the work.

Thanks guys.......After I hung up the phone, it took me awhile to realize I wasn't in a old episode of the "Twilight Zone" or "Candid Camera"!!! Your right Wayne....ya just gotta laugh!

Glad you got so tickled bluey!!.....I'm sure laughter has come a little harder lately. Hang in there buddy!

Great story! Hope the trophies get to your home with no problem!

DSC02169.JPG
DSC02179.JPG
DSC02180.JPG
DSC02174.JPG
Well guys, they finally made it home and in their final resting place in my trophy room. It was a 27 month process but it was worth it. A couple of things Craig (Bullseye) and I learned on the croc mount...make sure the base is detachable. The base has to be super heavy to offset the weight of the croc and be stable. I had sent Craig a picture of a honest 18' croc that a friend of mine took in Zim and ask Craig to mount it in the same manor, which he did. A a great job at that! The problem was that I needed 7 grown men to be able to man-handle that dinosaur into the trophy room. Whew!!! With the promise of beer and authenic cajun gumbo, I managed to corral some "big old boys". With all of them and a Case 55hp tractor to get it off my trailer we were successful!!!!

I'm just glad you got all of the permits for your replica hippo worked out!!!! ;)

They all look REALLY good! I think the hippo in particular looks stunning! Love them all though.

Wes,

Love your new trophies. They look great.

Your trophy room is top notch.(y)

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the Hippo on the wall.

She just said yesterday that if you take down all the other trophies you can out a hippo up.
I just sent the picture to my wife with the caption "Is this what you had in mind?"

Congrats on getting those monster items inside and not being injured.
Some long thought and planning went into that set of trophy locations and design.
They look great.

That Suni still makes my mouth drop open. At least it's in front.

Man they look great

Thanks for all the comments guys! Your right Wayne. When I designed the trophy room, I pictured in my mind where everything would go someday. Once everything was in place this weekend I really realized just how blessed I am. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank the good Lord for allowing me to experience all that I have in my life. God willing, more experiences will be in the future too. It's also really great to have a place like AH to share with those that understand your passion and can really understand the excitement of something like this.

Last edited:
Looks awesome Wes! At the risk of inviting myself over, I'd love to see your trophy room in person sometime.

Looks awesome Wes! At the risk of inviting myself over, I'd love to see your trophy room in person sometime.
You and anybody else on AH has a standing invitation any time! I never need an excuse to sip a on a adult beverage and talk about hunting Africa!

all looks great, just hope the hippo doesnt fall off and land on you when your serving drinks.:D
Thought about that Mike. Since I'm the bartender I'll be safe....it's the patrons sitting at the bar that might be a little nervous...LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!