Mozambique safety issues

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Bos en Dal Safaris, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris SPONSOR AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Botswana
    Good day

I have received the following warning from PHASA, i know the situation in Mozambique is a bit fragile but maybe some of the other outfitters operating in that area can shed some light for us?

"Please could you send a warning to all outfitters and Ph's operating in the north of Mozambique to avoid the road between Muxungue and Save bridge.

We were traveling in the military convoy on the road yesterday, 2 November at around 2 pm when we were ambushed by Renamo gunmen.

Our cruizer took 2 bullets, both missing the client by mere inches and one of 4 soldiers who was riding on our trailer was hit pretty severely, I'm not sure if he is going to make it. One passenger in a bus traveling behind us in the convoy was killed and several soldiers and civilians were injured.

I would advise anyone traveling that road to rather go through Zimbabwe at Machipanda.
    Thank you
    Louise Grobler
    Sahu Safaris"

Source: PHASA / Warning about situation in Mozambique

Best Regards

2. Dlove

Dlove AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, Mexico, New Zealand, Namibia
    Sounds like things are deteriorating quickly. I saw some facebook post from a PH that said the press is keeping everything extremely quiet but buses and cars are getting shot up and people killed everyday. Says not safe to travel south anymore and I think most of the boys will be driving back to SA soon and are puckering a bit.

3. A.Sharpe

A.Sharpe BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA , including Alaska
    I wish all a safe journey. Get to safety, hopefully the hostilities will end soon. Any other part of the world and CNN would be all over it.