MOZAMBIQUE: Nhoro Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Johnny reb, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Johnny reb

Johnny reb AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA- buckmasters
    That's good too hear scar. I look forward too hearing about you're hunt when it's over and pics would be nice. I have talked too Gordon seemed like a nice upfront gentleman I'm wanting too do the same buffalo hunt in Mozambique I had planned on being able too make it happen in2014 . But unfortunately some things came up and there is no way that hunt will happen then. Look forward too hearing how you're trip transpires

2. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Canada

Elephant PAC hunts in Zimbabwe are ILLEGAL for non-Zim citizens. They cannot be sold to foreigners. Most are now used for apprentice PH experience.

I am not sure who ffow is or if he represents Nhoro or if Nhoro is selling PACs but the fact is PACs are illegal, does not matter if a zim PH is conducting the hunt.

That I know of no management quota is issued either, that could change or maybe it has, but make sure before booking any elephant hunt that is not exportable especially a bull elephant hunt. Tuskless are the exception.

3. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Gordon does not operate in Zim anymore I believe he has been out of it for a I spoke with Gordon many years ago and he as myself and you Mike was very opinionated then already about so called PAC hunts.... I'm sure he'll jump in some time.

The entire idea behind marketing a PAC safari/shoot is complete BS, how can one market a PAC before it becomes a problem....

My best always.

4. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Canada
    Agreed, if the PAC system had not been abused it was a good deal for hunters in the right place at the right time.

Be sure to understand I was not saying Gordon was conducting PAC hunts, as I do not know who the "ffow" guy is. That is the new and improved me.

5. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    He he Mike... SA is quickly going down the same PAC route it has become a problem everywhere it has been offered as you well know.... Moz, Zim and SA is on the way,,,,

I have simple advice for potential hunters if it says PAC ...;.... STAY AWAY...

My best always

PS good to have ya back uncle M!!! :)

6. Indi

Indi New Member

Gordon Stark is a true gentleman , highly skilled PH and i can assure you that he is now offering the best buffalo hunt in all Mozambique !
    I know some of his PHs and all of them are really top notch , you just cannot go wrong with this guy.

7. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson New Member

Member of:
    SCI
    Could not agree more! PAC stay away! PAC hunts are illegal in Mozambique and only the PH is allowed to deal with it (this is endorsed on the back of a Mozambique PH licence) - however district government officials "allow" these hunts with a back hander! I have an official letter from the director of wildlife in Mozambique stating these hunts are illegal. Furthermore I live in Mozambique (since 1995) and can vouch for many regulations!

8. Indi

Indi New Member

Hi Scar ,

Did tou hunt with Nhoro this September as you said ?

Which company and area ?

Where in Mozambique and how was the hunt ?

We are all interested to know about your experience with Gordon - please give us some news .

Cheers