AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Yip !
They all arrived the other day on our wee island paradise .
Am I stoked with them ? You bet .
The taxidermist in Namibia has made a great jod of them
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG

My trophy room is just starting to be built .
these photos are just off my phone .
when everything is finished and in the right place ill do a full post on them all .
But they really have done a good job .
Cheers Dory .

Great looking trophies @dory! Congrats.

Dory, they look fantastic. How many mt Zebra you got there?
The Blue Wildebeest skin will look great on the floor. I am still waiting on mine, maybe before xmas.
Also as a matter of interest your skull mount Kudu looks longer and heavier than the shoulder mount. Just wondering your decision on each?

Thanks for sharing - they all look really good. I like the wildebeest hide too - the sheen is really cool.

WOW! Cheers to you Dory.

(y)

The Blue Wildebeest skin will look great on the floor. I am still waiting on mine, maybe before xmas.
Also as a matter of interest your skull mount Kudu looks longer and heavier than the shoulder mount. Just wondering your decision on each?

Great day for you. It is soooooooo hard to wait on the final chapter of the whole hunt. Glad that you are happy with the work that your Namibian taxidermist did for your. I know it is only cell phone photos ... but they do look awesome!

PS I have to agree ... the euro mount does look to be deserving of its own shoulder mount ... maybe Neale and I are just biased for kudu shoulder mounts (y)!

Christmas came early

Glad you are happy with the results.
The house will be full soon enough.

Very nice congrats!

Good spotting sir .
There are 2 mountain zebra stallion skins .
One has a felt back and will be a centre piece as a floor ma in our new dinning room .
The second has been tanned only and will be used to make furniture .
The wife said we will need another skin to complete the pices she has in mind .?
That means I have to go back and hunt another stallion , Bugger !!!:sneaky:
The skull mount kudu is 53 and the wall mount is only 47 inch .
It buged me the whole trip as to which one to mount as I only have room for one
The bigger one just didnt look that good at the time and I feel in love with the spread on the smaller one .
The head skin on the bigger one was a real mess with scars and hair missing so i gambled on the smaller mount .
The scull mount has come out looking great but i still like the spread on the smaller one
The photo dosnt really do it justice but is does look good front on .
IMG_1295.jpg
namibia 2 - 209.jpg

They look nice dory, congrats!

Oh so NICE!

Got to keep the wife happy, go get another zebra.
Glad you are happy with your mounts.
Looking forward to seeing your new trophy room with the mounts. Forrest

Nice! I know how excited you are! I felt the same way several weeks ago when I received my first shipment of my Namibian trophies. Now I just found out my Nyala and lechwe are in route from my "mini" South African hunt. I'm excited to see Paul's work on my trophies .

Very nice! Congrats!

Dory, I understand what you are saying. They are all fine trophies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross