Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
As the title suggests really..

I would love the chance some day to make the trip across the pond and stalk in North America.

Bearing in mind that I would only want to stalk native and truly wild animals (No fences) what is the most affordable species to stalk? Pronghorn antelope would appeal.

I understand this is quite an open question, but I understand that if you are not a citizen it is very expensive.

I look forward to your input.

There are some "Hunter Host" Opportunities in many Provinces and States.
This is the most affordable method.
The easiest species to access here in Alberta would be Whitetailed deer.
Because of the availability
There are ZERO fences for hunting game animals here. Totally illegal.

Now, on to the fact that most places will require a "guide", stalker to you.
If you really want to chase Pronghorns, I lay money one everyone suggesting Wyoming, just for shear numbers of critters.
Depending on the Outfit/guided - $3000 USD
It can be a very short hunt. (I think most book in for three days)

There are some "Hunter Host" Opportunities in many Provinces and States.
This is the most affordable method.
The easiest species to access here in Alberta would be Whitetailed deer.
Because of the availability
There are ZERO fences for hunting game animals here. Totally illegal.

Now, on to the fact that most places will require a "guide", stalker to you.
If you really want to chase Pronghorns, I lay money one everyone suggesting Wyoming, just for shear numbers of critters.
Depending on the Outfit/guided - $3000 USD
It can be a very short hunt. (I think most book in for three days)

So I would be looking at $1000 a day, plus a trophy fee? Is it possible for a local to guide you?

So I would be looking at $1000 a day, plus a trophy fee? Is it possible for a local to guide you?

Usually there's no trophy fee. For pronghorn, you're going to pay the state for a non-resident tag. You're paying the outfitter to guide/feed/house you. Although in some cases it's only guide you.

Yes, if say someone here on AH would like to hunt with you, they can certainly go with you in an unofficial manner, i.e. just as friends. It's important that it is communicated this way. Professional guides must be licensed. If someone from AH were "helping" you out, it's not a problem, but it must be understood they're not guiding you. Splitting hairs? Perhaps, but you don't want to have issues with the state game and fish department.

@UKHunter i can't do antelope at my place but would be delighted to put together a hunt or combo hunt together for you. If and when you get ready please give me a shout and I would like the opportunity to put a hunt together. My ranch is low fenced and I have whitetail, mule deer, hogs, turkey, some wing shooting, and some exotics.

Usually there's no trophy fee. ...............

Now North American Outfitters and governments are starting to see a cash cow.
Not universal, but it has crept in.
"Success Fees", "Trophy Fee" plus licenses. You have to keep your head up.

As Phil said, usually there are no Trophy fees. The entire cost is in the quote.

Licenses are rarely ever included in the cost of NA hunts as the client must apply/purchase for that. I couldn't legally get a license for someone else. Here in Texas it's a simple process the client just purchases one a Walmart or something similar. As far as trophy fees are concerned it greatly depends on what/where one is hunting. Mostly exotics etc... Will have trophy fees with a daily rate. Most things like deer, elk, etc the trophy fee is built into the package so it's a one cost type thing. That is unless on adds extra animals into the hunt at which case the extra animals would have their own trophy fee and in some cases license/tag.

Here, (this jurisdiction) A Local can guide you and they may do so only once every third year. **

"Hunt while accompanied by an Alberta resident (friend or relative) who has a hunter host licence. This is a non-profit arrangement as a hunter host may not guide for gain or reward."

"You may accompany Non-resident Aliens only if you have not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two fiscal years (April 1 to March 31)."

A Whitetail license will cost $189 CAD.

I just noted that Antelope tags for you can only be purchased through and Outfitter here.

If you are really wanting a pronghorn I have some clients that are game wardens in Wyoming which is the pronghorn capital of America also I can get tags here in Texas for pronghorn from time to time.

I appretiate all the information and help you are providing guys.

So what you are saying is, if I can find someone in NA who would be willing to host me, as a non resident they could take me out and accompany me on a hunt. I would just need to purchase a tag?

My heart is not set on a Pronghorn, I would consider anything available. Whitetail deer look appealing too and I guess a more classical NA species.

So what you are saying is, if I can find someone in NA who would be willing to host me, as a non resident they could take me out and accompany me on a hunt. I would just need to purchase a tag?

In Alberta, that would be the case. By the way hunting season is on November and it can get cold.

I do love Pronghorns. We just don't have enough of a population.

Wyoming, has plenty. Think Pigeons in Trafalgar Square. But, it is costly.
20862.jpg

My heart is not set on a Pronghorn, I would consider anything available. Whitetail deer look appealing too and I guess a more classical NA species.

Basically yes, but it could be just a general hunting license, just a tag, or a combination of hunting license/tag. It depends on the state as each has jurisdiction over its wildlife.

I really appretiate all of your help on the matter. It seems that there are cheaper ways to hunt NA than first appears.

Perhaps somewhere down the line when I am ready to do this I could arrange a swap hunt with someone to come stalk fallow and Muntjac.

I've just been looking at Whitetail deer on the web... They certainly have my attention with a unique shape to their antlers.

If you want pronghorn I would tell you to think of new mexico also. If you want a true trophy class one then new mexico for sure. You have two ways to go about doing a hunt in new mexico. You can try and draw a tag on your own or through a new mexico outfitter. A guided hunt if you draw a tag would be anywhere from 2000 to 3000 depending on the service you want.

Next way is buy a guaranteed tag from a landowner and hunt his ranch. Those can be 2000 to 6500 depending on what unit you pay for. You still need to buy the license which is around 300.

You can apply and try and draw a tag and if you don't draw then do the other. You can also try and draw with out a outfitter which is a long shoot but would end up needing to do a lot on your own. Since your coming from across the ocean you would want a guide I would guess. Most hunts are 3 to 4 days and if you can shoot you will get a pronghorn.

For whitetail there is tons of ways to go about it. There is hunts in states like NC or Al that you can do for 2000 to 2500 but size will be a small 8 point maybe a ten point if your lucky in the 100 to 120 class.

You also have states like TX,KS were you can hunt free range deer for 4500 and up for 120 to 150 class and if lucky maybe bigger.

Then you have Canada were you can get some real monsters if you can handle the cold. There your looking for deer 140 to 200 class. With hunts starting in the 4500 range up to over 10,000 depending on area and outfitter.

There are many other states that offer good deer hunts but those are some of the more popular ones.

In all actuality you good do a diy hunt in public land and it would only cost your license fees and travel expenses. At least you could in Texas but..... You would want to make dang sure you understood all of the laws rules and regs for the area you were hunting.
As far a swap hunt I may be interested in something like that in the future.

I think if you made good friends out of some guys here in the States who own land or have access to good hunting land, you can do just that. In fact you might be able to buy a non-resident license and tag and hunt on your own, if you find the land, public or private, and as long as you study the laws. However it might be pure luck to get anything real big. In our area it would be a November rifle hunt... If you want to bow hunt that is much earlier and longer. Then Muzzle loader is later, like Early December. The toughest is rifle hunt time because there are so many hunters afield.

Or follow up with Gizmo and you can also enjoy the warmer weather in TX.

Whitetails have to be the most iconic species to hunt here in the USA. We have more of them now than when the Pilgrims landed.

For something really unique (and big) you could do a bison hunt... The meat is of some value so you might find a deal for the trophy and no meat. I'm not sure it is much of a challenge for a common private ranch hunt, but it can be a striking trophy and iconic.

Keep researching and figure out what you want for sure, and stay in touch here on the Board... You'll get something worked out!

Here is one option if you really want to save money. The state of Pennsylvania has one of the lowest hunting license costs. A foreigner could buy a hunting license for $101.70 and hunt white tail on public land or with permission on private property. I am not sure about importing your hunting rifle but you could save even more money if you find someone to loan you a rifle, which is legal as long as you aren't a criminal. However, there's also archery. The stamp for that is only $26.70 and you have a much longer season.

Here is one option if you really want to save money. The state of Pennsylvania has one of the lowest hunting license costs. A foreigner could buy a hunting license for $101.70 and hunt white tail on public land or with permission on private property. I am not sure about importing your hunting rifle but you could save even more money if you find someone to loan you a rifle, which is legal as long as you aren't a criminal. However, there's also archery. The stamp for that is only $26.70 and you have a much longer season.
Similar in MN except a non-resident deer license is $165.

Here, (this jurisdiction) A Local can guide you and they may do so only once every third year. **

"Hunt while accompanied by an Alberta resident (friend or relative) who has a hunter host licence. This is a non-profit arrangement as a hunter host may not guide for gain or reward."

"You may accompany Non-resident Aliens only if you have not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two fiscal years (April 1 to March 31)."

A Whitetail license will cost $189 CAD.

I just noted that Antelope tags for you can only be purchased through and Outfitter here.

take me on a pronghorn hunt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!