AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Members, I am still on the lookout for the following book: Months of the Sun-Ian Nyschens. If you know about such a book that is possible to purchase I really would appreciate it very much...

Months of the Sun download_zpsni30sugv.jpg

Gert

Last edited by a moderator:
It is available again. I purchased a new copy a few months ago from Safari Press.

Thank you for the information, I will contact them..(y)

Het Safari outdoor of Zimbi books nie?

Thank you members, purchasing from abroad just makes it too expensive since our Rand currency is so weak. Ek het by Zimbi en S&O gekyk, daar is niks nie...ek sal bly soek, dit is een boek wat ek by my versameling wil sit. I will keep on looking since this is one book I want to add to my collection...(y)

Gert,

It is a good book.

You might try Rowland Ward in Johannesburg. I believe Safari Press and RW co print the books and have different marketing territories. You may also try your online used southern Africa bookstores to see if they have any.

Just looked on youtube and couldn't find it, but there is a video interview that Buzz Charlton did with Nyschens, maybe 10 years ago. Very good if you can find it.

All the best.

Good day Wheels, Rowland Ward , SA doen not have it on the shelve..Safari Press but it is in Dollars...I am sure somewhere in South Africa someone have one that is willing to sell...The interview is with Richard Harland/Ian Nychens about hunting elephant by Buzz Charlton..excellent video....(y)

I got electronic version for kindle that was about $7 usd.

Safari press= R1300 or $100..maybe I could convince my wife to buy it for my birthday...

Ouch! I've spent over a $100 on a book. But it was Reference Material to help me make a living.

I bought one from Zimbi a month ago. Also a case of looking for the book on second hand shelves. When I found it I forked out R1600 for the book. Worth every letter, I enjoyed it tremendously.

Gert, I see one was sold for R100 on bid or buy....eina!!

I did follow up the R100 sale and try to get the buyer to try and make a better offer to buy it from him but was not able to get hold of him..(y)

Good day Wheels, Rowland Ward , SA doen not have it on the shelve..Safari Press but it is in Dollars...I am sure somewhere in South Africa someone have one that is willing to sell...The interview is with Richard Harland/Ian Nychens about hunting elephant by Buzz Charlton..excellent video....(y)

i would say buzz is the new expert on elephants.my wife and i hunted with his company in 2011.

Maybe we should start a book club like all the woman have.

Sit talk about hunting books, smell some gunpowder and drink beer!:D Beers:

I concur, Richard Harland told me Buzz a man with a lot of knowledge regarding elephants and their behaviour...he really do have a high regard for Buzz...(y)

I have several copies of Ian's second book,
"Footsteps of an Ivory Hunter"
They're the first print edition (2006) "signed copies"
I would possibly consider selling them.
Regards.
Gordon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.