Misconceptions of Hunting 2

Condebr

Reaction score
I just read a thread the was posted in 2011
Interested to see if the "feeling"/"balance" has changed

Do you see hunting as a way of life, passion, sport etc.
Is a hunt a hunt if you don't kill anything?
Why do you hunt ?

I hunt because it satisfies a primal urge. I need to know that i can fend for myself and survive (yes,yes i know it is not true survival but hey , we work with what we've got as city slickers)
I hunt because it is a resource and I do believe as an ethical hunter it is more humane than an abattoir
I find a deep spiritual connection when I hunt and it just brings things into perspective

My Best hunt to date was one without a single shot fired, on that hunt we managed to crawl 10m past 2 warthog, lie in a hole and crawl through a ditch, right through a herd of impala, ending 3m from a francolin without spooking her and her 2 chicks 60m from the eland herd and then....... the wind changed, on the way back we checked on the warthog, now remember there were 2, one with a smaller body and Roland tusks and a huge one with teeny weeny tusks. we found them still at the water hole where we crawled passed them. In the mean time the PH, on the way back, told me he has been trying to get this specific trophy for the last 3 years. As I raise the rifle the fat one is out of there faster then the proverbial greased pig, the trophy pig however stands broadside, eyeing me through my scope at 50m, daring me to shoot for what must have been 10 seconds, my cross hairs were firmly planted but I just couldn't squeeze the trigger. The PH was not impressed, flat out pissed off, after about 15 minutes of walking back to camp in silence, I broke the silence, and said "it's yours , i didn't deserve it"

Well that is my sad story :) whats yours

Con

Con, a hunt is a hunt, doesn't mean you need to kill.

I just finished hunting Egyptian Geese in Hyde Park.
Even though they are quite tame, it takes work to get close for a decent picture.
White Gun hunting is an adventure to.

egypt goose.jpeg

I never got a picture of the Bushbuck I snuck in on that was less than five yards from me. Standing his ground in the bush. He just snuck out the other side.

Awesome hunt.

Had another almost walk into me while hunting with Marius Goosen and you should have seen his eyes bug out when he saw me. No shots fired but I was hunting every moment of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross