Medical Evacuation

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by MATK1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. MATK1

MATK1 New Member

Member of:
    QDMA D/U
    CAN ANT ONE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE USED ANT OF THE AIR RESCUE I.E GLOBAL RESCUE OR MED JET I AM GOING TO ZIM ON A 14 DAY BUFF ELE LEPORD AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ONE ANY BODY GOT ANY INFO

2. Lpart

Lpart AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
    Hunted:
    I was unfortunate in Zim last year and fell while leopard hunting severely crushing a shoulder. I used Global Rescue to arrange flights to get me home for surgery in an emergency. I first tried changing my flights with no success. Global Rescue ended up buying one way tickets on another airline to get us back. I was very happy with the way their control center handled everything. I will not hunt overseas again without buying their insurance.

3. safari gal

safari gal SPONSOR AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Luckily, I have never had to use a med evac service but I recommend Global Rescue as well. I believe they are top-notch as they have very quick response teams and access to medically equipped helicopters, jets and commercial aircraft and they will return you to the hospital of your choice. For more info go to: Global Rescue

Lori

4. MATK1

MATK1 New Member

Member of:
    QDMA D/U
    I HAVE JUST SET IT UP THANKS FOR THE INFO

5. safari gal

safari gal SPONSOR AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Perfect - I hope you don't need the services but at least you have the "peace of mind" now!

Lori