Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ZPHGA,SOAZ,SCI, ZTA
Hunted
Most countries
Folks, just had 2 guys back out of their tuskless hunts, these are my last 2 tags for 2015 in the Omay north and South, Zambezi Valley on Lake Kariba

7 days $ 12 500 per hunt

Includes

7 full days hunting 1 x 1
Taxes
Road transfers from Victoria falls, Harare or Bulawayo
VAT
Trophy fee for 1 tuskless cow
Concession fee

Add hippo, croc and plains game @ trophy fees only.
Best dates would be late season as you get to do some awesome fishing in the lake as well as have an opportunity to luck on any remaining tags for select species.

DSC01316.JPG

Cheers
Martin

Martin,

Another great offer. You're killing me. 2 weeks until Ann and I leave for New Zealand. Maybe if my lottery ticket hits when I get back!

John

Now that is a good looking guy in the photo!!!!!!

Tuskless in the Omay is about as good as it gets!!

Last edited:
That's awesome! Being as its a non importable elephant is there a legal way to sell the hide panels there? What are your hippo/croc trophy fees and are they importable to the U.S. ?

Now that is a good looking guy in the photo!!!!!!

Tuskless in the Omay is about as good as it gets!!

Mike,

You should get a royalty for the use of your image.:D

Looks like you made a good shot.(y) Dropped her in her tracks.

That was my trip to Zim and first elephant. Martin was the PH on the hunt. First shot knocked it down, additional shots kept it there. Martin let me do all of the shooting. That is when it got interesting. We were charged by an angry cow and elephants were everywhere. Martin was as cool as a cucumber. It was very exciting and nobody was hurt.

It was Martin's passion for the Omay that got me hooked on Zim.

Dunno what it is about that word the 'Omay' but it really hits a note with me when I hear or see that guys have been hunting buff or elephant in the Omay.
Have watched a couple of videos of hunts done in the area and those scenes always come back to me, definately on my bucket list to visit, and hopefully afford to hunt.

. That is when it got interesting. We were charged by an angry cow and elephants were everywhere. ................... It was very exciting ........ .

Not sure about you Mike, but I don't get this type of adrenalin rush in my daily life.

I too, have to go to Africa to get my fix.

May have to try the Omay one of these days.:)

Council keeps the skin off the tuskless unfortunately
Croc and hippo and exportable to the staes and elsewhere yes.
Crocodile $5500
Hippo $5000
Add 4% tax
Add cites $200

Cheers

Awesome, another to put on the list for my next trip after this summer! I'll count a tuskless as part of my big 5 goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois