Marlin Fishing as part of your Hunting Safari

How many of you would be interested in doing a Marlin fishing trip as part of your hunting safari

• wouldn't want to catch marlin on a hunting trip

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • curious about it

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • What will it cost me

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Hell yes where do i sign up

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
After many fruitless trips out of Texas and Mexico, in March 1999 I was able to catch this 295lb Marlin in Hawaii. It got tailed wrapped - ended up with a 2 1/2 hour fight to get it to the boat. I can't image fighting a grander.

Marlin_with_Crew_4.jpg

About a month before that, I was fishing in the Everglades and caught this 175 lb tarpon on 12lb test spinning gear.

Tarpon.jpg

After those two catches, I became more focused on hunting. How was I going to top those!? (I have a 96lb halibut from 1992, but no picture with me for it).

John

After many fruitless trips out of Texas and Mexico, in March 1999 I was able to catch this 295lb Marlin in Hawaii. It got tailed wrapped - ended up with a 2 1/2 hour fight to get it to the boat. I can't image fighting a grander.

View attachment 50512

About a month before that, I was fishing in the Everglades and caught this 175 lb tarpon on 12lb test spinning gear.

View attachment 50513

After those two catches, I became more focused on hunting. How was I going to top those!? (I have a 96lb halibut from 1992, but no picture with me for it).

John
Those are some impressive catches!
But like hunting you always try and better your last record..... there is just something about the chance of hooking into that illusive 1000 lb marlin that makes us go back there time and time again... Its like shooting that 100 lb elephant i guess.

Catching a big Tarpon like that is one of my bucket list items.

The dangerous part for me now is I figured I would go to Australia to go after a big one in the next 3 - 5 years. Now you're telling me I can go hunt buff, etc. in Moz and do a add on for big Marlin. That is very tempting in the 2 or 3 years!

View attachment 50512

View attachment 50513

John
175lb Tarpon Wow

The dangerous part for me now is I figured I would go to Australia to go after a big one in the next 3 - 5 years. Now you're telling me I can go hunt buff, etc. in Moz and do a add on for big Marlin. That is very tempting in the 2 or 3 years!
you should drop us a e-mail and we can start planning your trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.