Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
Articles
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
Malawi: Fledgling Hunting Operation
Information provided by Derek Macpherson

The little hunting that is going on in Malawi has been facilitated under a trial agreement renewable on an annual basis since 2010. Crocodile, hippo and wild fowl are the primary trophy animals included on the quota although there are a few plains game species (bushbuck, bushpig and duiker) and hyaena. The area given for hunting was anywhere in the country outside of Protected Areas but for practical reasons the hunting area is confined to the right bank of the Shire and in Elephant Marsh. The objective of this trail programme is to demonstrate to the authorities that responsible hunting can contribute to the wildlife management and tourism industry in Malawi, and provide a sustainable income stream to local communities. More information is available at Cluny Safaris | Weltweit Jagen und Fischen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you