Lucky poachers. lucky me ?

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by michaelhh375, Jul 13, 2010.

1. michaelhh375

michaelhh375 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Swedish hunting association
    Hunted:
    Sweden, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Spain, Austria, Germany and Canada
    Dear fellow hunters. This happened to me on my hunt in Mozambique, Cahora Bassa area, with Nhenda Hunting.... We, my PH and I, were baiting for lions, suddenly i spotted two guys with rifles ( AK or something ) and a dog.. i told my PH and chase was on... we ran as wild zebras and suddenly my PH shouted : SHOOT, Mike SHOOOT!!! me as not to used to this kind of hunting didn't really know what to do, so I answered back, : which one ? yellow t.shirt or red t.shirt ( I was aiming on the yellow t shirt ) then my PH answered very fast, and very nervous... NO NO NO ! The dog the DOG ! Whoops, happy I asked!
    Only in Africa ! Nhenda Safaris Mozambique
  2. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Did you get the Lion? :biggrin2:
  3. michaelhh375

michaelhh375 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Swedish hunting association
    Hunted:
    Sweden, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Spain, Austria, Germany and Canada
    No ! I had a rather nice male in front of me the second evening, but we decided to search for "the big one" and that is always a risk . But the most exiting hunt I ever done was to get some meat for lion bait... Hippo hunting in full moonlight ! Can't explain all feelings, must be done to understand. We did three nights and got two hippos. One hippo at less then 5 meters ! So this trip became hippo and croc hunting. Owner of NHENDA was little sad that we didn't get lion, so he invited me back for new trial now i'n September. Will keep you posted and as soon as DVD I ready I will put on you tube.
  4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Looking forward to viewing the video. Exciting action stories do be remembered!