Lost rifle help please

Rifle arrived next AM so I only lost one day. Bad news is no Marco Polo. Fired at 3 different rams. First one was 600 yards and running. Next one was bedded at 700 yards and I was 2 inches high. Guess I choked on the best chance at 500 yards and was again 2inches high........
I'll get a full report together. Might take a bit to get the photo's lined up. They are in RAW so they can be cleaned up a little. Kept a journal. I screwed up some, but I think that the guides screw up were a bigger problem at times. Heartbreaking to miss a 52-56 inch ram...... Bruce

Sorry to hear you didnt get one. Thats some pretty far off shooting, I dont think you should be too hard on yourself for not making those shots. I know I probably would have passed on them, too far for me to shoot in the mountains. There is always next time, we hope. I know how you feel.

Ouch. Sorry to hear the bad news.

Those be tough shooting conditions. You need a good spotter to pull that off.

Look forward to the pictures and report.

Sorry to hear Bruce, it's always a game of inches with Marco Polo, but I can understand the heart ache of not getting one.....it's tough.

Bruce bad luck !!!! One thing is for sure you can have a good hunt without being successful .... Probably not something that you like to hear ! Hope the experience overall besides delayed gun was good !!! Better luck next time !

wish you had knocked one over bruce ,
but as Richard said it must of been one kickass experience hunting the roof of the world ,mate .
was language much of a barrier?
what was the wind like ?
mate im sitting on the edge of my skippers seat waiting for your report .
did you see many other animal specie ?

Hate to hear the news. Looking forward to hearing more about the hunt though.

All the best.

Quick reply to the questions. Had a good experience overall. Was up over 14,000 feet more than once. My chief guide and assistant guide both spoke some English. The mountains are spectacular. Saw sheep every day. Ibex on 4days. Saw a total of 5 foxes driving to and from camp of which the guides killed 2 of them. Had a fox killed by a pair of wolves within 1/2 mile of spike camp. Every time we got up high it was windy. Lost 1day of hunting to the wind. Gusts over 30 mph so the guides didn't want to go out. Spike camp was a wood frame felt tent of about 16X10 that had seen better days. The frame would move up a to 12 inches with a wind gust. Temp inside would drop 20 degrees with a wind gust. LOTS of holes in the tent. Blew so hard it popped the door latch open 2 different times. Drank more tea in the last 10 days than in the previous 5 yrs. how's that for a start? Bruce

Quick reply to the questions. Had a good experience overall. Was up over 14,000 feet more than once. My chief guide and assistant guide both spoke some English. The mountains are spectacular. Saw sheep every day. Ibex on 4days. Saw a total of 5 foxes driving to and from camp of which the guides killed 2 of them. Had a fox killed by a pair of wolves within 1/2 mile of spike camp. Every time we got up high it was windy. Lost 1day of hunting to the wind. Gusts over 30 mph so the guides didn't want to go out. Spike camp was a wood frame felt tent of about 16X10 that had seen better days. The frame would move up a to 12 inches with a wind gust. Temp inside would drop 20 degrees with a wind gust. LOTS of holes in the tent. Blew so hard it popped the door latch open 2 different times. Drank more tea in the last 10 days than in the previous 5 yrs. how's that for a start? Bruce

shithot and shiney bloke, don't stop .....
are there marul stags where your where?

No Marul. In fact in 9 days of horseback riding well over a 100 miles total, I never saw a tree in the hunt area. More rock than you'd ever believe. Look across a canyon and the dark color that looked like scrup brush is all dark rock. Shale and slate, mostly slate. Bruce

Bruce, your killing me. My heart dropped when you said you didn't kill. Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels when down to the wire on that once in a lifetime hunt. I feel for ya man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!