"looks at you like you owe them money”. Whatever...

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Screw the Buffalo. I'd pay this guy first!

tiger.jpg

Snowball fights can escalate!

Eye of the tiger! Gives new meaning to the song.

hes just bluffing .......
throw another one at him bricko

Yip, this guy does not care about the money, those eyes are soul eaters!! Snowball's chance in hell:D

hes just bluffing .......
throw another one at him bricko

NOPE! I'd be way more scared of a Tigers eyes locking onto me than some big black bovine.

It's just like mom used to say, "It's all fun and games until you piss of an apex predator...."

I grew up next to a small zoo in rural 1960s Georgia. I even picked up a little cash cleaning and feeding. They had lions bears monkeys gators snakes cougars and various farm animals. Then in the early 70s they got the first Tiger. He had been privately owned in FL and was very under nourished. He was actually too weak to come out of his crate so it had to be tipped up into his cage to get him out. At first feeding him was no big deal because he was so weak. Brother Brickburn when he got healthy you had to be on your toes. Never trusted that guy because he would try to grab you every time you walked by his cage. I feared that Tiger. They are some kind of mean.

CAustin you just reminded me of a story a friend told me from a zoo experience he had.
This took place in a small private zoo that had both Lions and Tigers in an exclosure that I must say was not really adequate. Chain link fence!
My friends four year old decided to run away from mom and dad on the path beside the large predator enclosure.
As you have already guessed, that Tiger saw that little prey species running and it caused a predatory reaction.

The big cat bolted for the kid and hit the fence at speed, bending it down with its weight and momentum. Thankfully, the fence bounced back.
I have no idea why that cat did not just continue to walk up that fence. Perhaps, the target was close to the ground and it never thought to take its eyes of the prey to climb over.

The kid was oblivious through the entire encounter.
When mom started breathing again they slowly walked by, retrieved the kid and departed.

Yes sir the big cats are something up close. By the time i was 16, high school, I worked over there in the afternoons frequently. One afternoon we needed to feed one lion pen. A three month old Hereford calf was available as it had died in a farmers stock pond. The owners grown son and I were to place the animal at the edge of the cage floor where a bar was about 10 inches off the floor......kept lions from crawling out. We stood about five feet away and swung the calf back and forth until we could throw it over at that opening. The big male in there reached out with one paw, sank his claws into its neck and began pulling. At first the head went in and he chomped down on the head and pulled some more. You can imagine the calf was bloated up having been dead a couple of days and wouldn't fit under that bar. No trouble for big Leo......he just pulled hard enough for the ribs to start breaking one by one. I will never forget that sound Brickburn. It only took another thirty seconds for him to have the whole calf into the cage. The man looked at me and said don't ever get close enough for one of them to grab you because if he does you are going in there.

Yes sir the big cats are something up close. By the time i was 16, high school, I worked over there in the afternoons frequently. One afternoon we needed to feed one lion pen. A three month old Hereford calf was available as it had died in a farmers stock pond. The owners grown son and I were to place the animal at the edge of the cage floor where a bar was about 10 inches off the floor......kept lions from crawling out. We stood about five feet away and swung the calf back and forth until we could throw it over at that opening. The big male in there reached out with one paw, sank his claws into its neck and began pulling. At first the head went in and he chomped down on the head and pulled some more. You can imagine the calf was bloated up having been dead a couple of days and wouldn't fit under that bar. No trouble for big Leo......he just pulled hard enough for the ribs to start breaking one by one. I will never forget that sound Brickburn. It only took another thirty seconds for him to have the whole calf into the cage. The man looked at me and said don't ever get close enough for one of them to grab you because if he does you are going in there.

Wow

1. That is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen
  2. That story is a great reminder of how powerful those predators are....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross