WANTED: Looking To Book A Plains Game Hunting Safari

Ridgerunner

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm sure this question has been asked more than a few times on here but I'm starting my research and have a little twist on the question. I'd love to come to Africa and do a safari, I am primarily interested in a Kudu and Impala. Anything else is the cherry on top. Primarily looking at South Africa, perhaps Nambia as well. I'd like to bring my family with me, hoping a couple of my sons might be able to shoot an animal as well. Would like to be with a smaller outfit, with plenty of other interesting non-hunting things for my wife and kids to do while I'm out on the hunts. Although I'm sure at least one of them will be with me on a daily basis as an observer, they wont all be able to be in the field at the same time. I'd prefer a larger piece of ground to hunt on. Coming from the western United States, I'm used to hunting significant size areas. So no high fence operations unless it was on a significant amount of land. I'm thinking probably around 7 days on Safari, but not all have to be hunting, taking in local sights, local villages, could easily use 3 days and I'd be fine with that. I'd love to hear some ideas on various outfitters that might fit the bill. I know I call this a trip of a lifetime and it would be for the family as a whole, however, having been to Africa with my wife before on a mission trip, I know that once you experience it you are figuring out how to get back!

I just got back yesterday hunting with @Pawprint Safaris. They are a 1st class outfit just outside Johannesburg with access to many different hunting properties and easy access to lots of other activities. I am workng on a hunt report now...

Hi @Ridgerunner ,
Welcome to the forum. You have certainly come to the right place in order to start your planning process. I have sent you a PM sir. Please check your inbox on the top, right hand corner.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

@Andri Fox Safaris is the man you want to talk to. I've hunted with him for both plains game and dangerous game. I took my family and he is absolutely excellent with kids. @Bullthrower338 has hunted with him and he took his son as well. I promise you will be very happy.

oh also Andri's base camp is very close to Addo Elephant park as well as Port Elizabeth. He has access to over a million acres throughout SA most of which is right around his home. You will have the ability to hunt numerous different properties for everything you could think of.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm sure this question has been asked more than a few times on here but I'm starting my research and have a little twist on the question. I'd love to come to Africa and do a safari, I am primarily interested in a Kudu and Impala. Anything else is the cherry on top. Primarily looking at South Africa, perhaps Nambia as well. I'd like to bring my family with me, hoping a couple of my sons might be able to shoot an animal as well. Would like to be with a smaller outfit, with plenty of other interesting non-hunting things for my wife and kids to do while I'm out on the hunts. Although I'm sure at least one of them will be with me on a daily basis as an observer, they wont all be able to be in the field at the same time. I'd prefer a larger piece of ground to hunt on. Coming from the western United States, I'm used to hunting significant size areas. So no high fence operations unless it was on a significant amount of land. I'm thinking probably around 7 days on Safari, but not all have to be hunting, taking in local sights, local villages, could easily use 3 days and I'd be fine with that. I'd love to hear some ideas on various outfitters that might fit the bill. I know I call this a trip of a lifetime and it would be for the family as a whole, however, having been to Africa with my wife before on a mission trip, I know that once you experience it you are figuring out how to get back!
Hi there , my name is Andri Fox and sole ower of Andri Fox Safaris . I only do one group at a time and never do double bookings .I am a Small and persional outfit that will persionaly make sure you get for what you looking for in a hunt and time spend in South Africa ! Do not hessitate to mail or contantack me direct .

Andri Fox safaris would be perfect for what you are asking. I just got back from a hunt with him and it was great. I actually made a last minute change a month before going to go with him and it was definitely the right decision. He will work with you to give you the absolute best value for your money you will find in Africa. He is in the east cape region of South Africa which is absolutely beautiful, and being from the western part of the US, I think you would feel right at home there. As Gizmo mentioned he is close to Addo park, but he is also right there for schotia reserve which is a great trip. He will also take you to the coast and you could even go out deep sea fishing on his boat. You will love his lodging with kids, you will have separate rooms, which are right next to each other but separate from the main lodge. Plus he has a new pup there to keep the kids busy while on down time at the lodge. You won't be disappointed or regret going with Andri!

Andri Fox safaris would be perfect for what you are asking. I just got back from a hunt with him and it was great. I actually made a last minute change a month before going to go with him and it was definitely the right decision. He will work with you to give you the absolute best value for your money you will find in Africa. He is in the east cape region of South Africa which is absolutely beautiful, and being from the western part of the US, I think you would feel right at home there. As Gizmo mentioned he is close to Addo park, but he is also right there for schotia reserve which is a great trip. He will also take you to the coast and you could even go out deep sea fishing on his boat. You will love his lodging with kids, you will have separate rooms, which are right next to each other but separate from the main lodge. Plus he has a new pup there to keep the kids busy while on down time at the lodge. You won't be disappointed or regret going with Andri!
Albert I forgot you had hunted with Andri as well. I'm sorry buddy and I even read your hunt report and loved it!

Albert I forgot you had hunted with Andri as well. I'm sorry buddy and I even read your hunt report and loved it!
No problem buddy, it's a big group, we won't always remember who everybody goes with!

Welcome to AH and best of luck in the search!

Be glad to help you make some plans for a hunt. We have plenty of stuff to keep the wife and kids happy as well as great hunting. You will be hunting and sight seeing all with in 1 1/2 drive from jo-berg. No extra flights or overnights outside of the lodge.

I trusted Pieter enough to let my 14 year old son take his first hunt alone one day with Pieter. Then also let him hunt a lioness with Pieter at 14 to. The camp is run by family's who know what it takes to make great things happen.

I will throw my two cents in for Westfalen, in Namibia. You can see my family hunt in August, 2016 on the hunt reports.

I will let you know one of the great parts of the hunting trip to Africa was the research. Talking to different outfitters, researching the different countries, and reading hunting reports.

One major mistake i think you are making right now is thinking that you are only gonna hunt 2 animals for yourself and one each for the kids. I had a plan to hunt 7 animals. 5 for me and 1 each for my two older kids. We ended up with 12.

http://www.africahunting.com/members/westfalen-hunting-safaris.14193/

Already four suggestions for reputable Outfitters that can handle what you are looking for.

Honestly, take a few extra days and do some looking around as a family as well. You already know there is plenty to experience.

Welcome to AH.

Great stuff so far, keep the suggestions coming. I'm a research freak so I know this is going to be an enjoyable part of the journey for sure. I'm definately open to taking more animals, I just listed the two that were at the top of my list as I want to make sure to hunt an area that had good populations of those two animals.

Thank you @MMAL, it means a lot!

@Ridgerunner you should definitely consider coming to Namibia, please check out our website, I think that you will like what we have to offer for you and your family. Looking forward to hearing from you.

John, I had already found your website and liked what I saw, its one of the main reasons I'm considering Nambia. I'll let you know what questions I have.

Hi Ridgerunner

Welcome to AH.

I will send you pm with more info on our small family run outfit in the Limpopo province of South Africa.

Regrads

Rouan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.