looking for help with a CZ 550 action

Kudurifle

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello, I took the complete firing assembly and safety off of a CZ 550 in order to glass bed the barrel and action without the risk of running epoxy into any cranny I wanted to protect. The problem is, this is a complicated bugger and I am having difficulty putting all the parts, springs and ball bearing (yes, there is a ball bearing) back in properly. The CZ site only offers a pretty basic exploded diagram which isn't much help. Does anyone know of a video or site which explains the reassembly process?

Thanks and best regards, Mike

Hello, I took the complete firing assembly and safety off of a CZ 550 in order to glass bed the barrel and action without the risk of running epoxy into any cranny I wanted to protect. The problem is, this is a complicated bugger and I am having difficulty putting all the parts, springs and ball bearing (yes, there is a ball bearing) back in properly. The CZ site only offers a pretty basic exploded diagram which isn't much help. Does anyone know of a video or site which explains the reassembly process?

Thanks and best regards, Mike

Check on Brownells web site. They may have something there. I also found the detail schematics for it (attached). Good luck.

CZ550.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at the diagram.

Why were you crazy enough to take the trigger mechanism apart?
Way more courage than I have.

I just looked at the diagram.

Why were you crazy enough to take the trigger mechanism apart?
Way more courage than I have.
Well....this is a pretty simple think to do with a Remington, Ruger or Winchester. I didn't realize how complicated this one was until I was most of the way through. Oops! Too late!

Ah ha, a boo boo. Now I know.

Leave my CZ trigger alone. Thanks for that.

Put all parts in a box. Tupperware with the sealable lid works well for this. Take box and get into car, drive to closest trust worthy gunsmith. Walk in door with eyes down holding box infront of you. Explain situation to nice person at the counter (hopefully a lady). Ask if you can can leave a deposit what their turnaround time is? And do not forget to leave your contact info. Slowly move back out of the shop (unless of course you happen to catch a glimpse of a cool gun out of the corner of your eye) and drive home. Wait for contact from gunsmith confirming that he has reassembled it and life is good again. We have all been there, and if not it's just a matter of time. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

So that's how a set trigger works.:eek:

Put all parts in a box. Tupperware with the sealable lid works well for this. Take box and get into car, drive to closest trust worthy gunsmith. Walk in door with eyes down holding box infront of you. Explain situation to nice person at the counter (hopefully a lady). Ask if you can can leave a deposit what their turnaround time is? And do not forget to leave your contact info. Slowly move back out of the shop (unless of course you happen to catch a glimpse of a cool gun out of the corner of your eye) and drive home. Wait for contact from gunsmith confirming that he has reassembled it and life is good again. We have all been there, and if not it's just a matter of time. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Me no likey set triggers! Installing the Timney. Actually...having it installed by a competent gunsmith. :)

I think that is a great idea.

I love my set trigger and it is staying right where it is.

Not the best problem to have. Have a look on Youtube there are literally millions of videos how to take apart and assemble any rifle. Thats what i usually do before even touching anything.

Lost the ball bearing from a Savage bolt once, Damn Shag Carpeting, finally had to buy a Magnet and spend some time on my hands and knees, found a few other parts to other Junk I'd worked on over the years (Audio Gear)even shot a firing pin at my Big Screen still shows the scars of my Stupidity,, I can Feel your Pain Brother,

Agree with fellow posters....your NUTS! LOL. Seriously though CZ firing mechanism is tricky. As mentioned have a competent gunsmith fix it or phone CZ USA (don't email as they suck at responding quickly) and tell them that you did a boo boo. See if they can help you out. I'm assuming your in the US.
Sent you a PM

The CZ 550 trigger is an excellent trigger. I had mine rebuilt on my CZ550 .308 pre Africa and the set function disabled. Find a real gunsmith who knows what he is doing and have it adjusted exactly as you like. If they want to replace it, find another gunsmith.

:ROFLMAO: This ^ and what Code 4 said.

Did you just take the trigger assembly out with all the other parts like safety lever, bolt stop and ejector and their related parts? If so I just filmed myself taking all these parts out of the action and putting it back together. I only used my phone camera and I have not practiced so it's pretty much raw footage but I can send it to you if you wish.

Check on Brownells web site. They may have something there. I also found the detail schematics for it (attached). Good luck.

View attachment 51543
Looking at the above diagram.. if you not keen on visiting a reputable gunsmith... maybe you should apply to a nearby State University to study a degree in engineering(n)(y)... failing that... revert to plan A ... gunsmith!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg