longbow hunting bushpig

316africa

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
Hunted
us, ontario canada, new brunswick can
hi folks. i am looking for a place in namibia or south africa to hunt bushpig with my longbow. i would appreciate any recomendations. thanks.

Welcome to AH 316africa! I would recommend finding a good outfitter that hunts over baits, is Bushpig the only animal your looking for? How long would you like to spend in Africa and what time of year do you plan to go? give us some ideas and we can probably get you hooked up. Bob

hi mr. puckett not sure if my 1st reply got sent. i am also interested in duie ker and the small cats. ive also wanted to try and take the african tiny 10 with a longbow. i am looking at the 3rd or 4th week in august 2013 or 2014. 7 total days with 5 days hunting.

Welcome to AH.

There is a tall order.. Tiny ten with a long bow.
Small Cats as well.

I hope you have a lot of repeat trips in your mind. 5 days hunting is not a long time for any of these species with a bow.

You have your work cut out for you. Enjoy the challenge.

Please share your hunting report when you return.

It 's a tall order, it can be done. I saw PH Erwin Kotze take Tim Well from on the Sportsman Channel in Namibia for small cats. Takes mad skills.

Hi 316 5 days it can be done with a lot of luck for the 3 main ones listed, Bushpig over bait, Caracal with dogs and Duiker at night but it'll be tight. I'll check with my Outfitter and see what kind of special deal we can work up for you and I'll send you a PM as soon as he gets back with me. Bob

Hi 316, I can assist with a Walk & Stalk Bushpig and Caracal over hounds. Walk & Stalk for the Bushpig so that trophy choice is optimised. My email is in the signature should you be interested.

Good Day 316Africa

You have been told that your work has been cut out for you, well in my humble opinion, YES it has but your dream is not that far from reality.

I offer 5 of the Tiny 10 in the Limpopo Province of South Africa and in the past we have taken Bushpig with traditional equipment from our blinds.

Duiker, Klipspringer, Steenbuck, Red Duiker and Sharps Greysbuck can be hunted from a blind overlooking a waterhole (August to October is the best time)

Sharps Greysbuck can also be hunted at night using a spotlight.
Klipspringr can also be hunted by using a caller

For Bushpig we have well used feeding spots and elevated blinds.

For small cat I would recommend that you consider Gavin Lipjes offer to assist with his pack of hounds, I make use of Gavin for DCA Leopard and he is highly recommended.

5 Days might not be enough time, 10 days will be better but you are still welcome to try.
Lbg Safaris pg2 (3).jpgLbg Safaris pg2 (19).jpgLbg Safaris pg3 (26).jpgLbg Safaris pg3 (27).jpgLbg Safaris pg4 (11).jpgLbg Safaris pg4 (12).jpgLbg Safaris pg4 (13).jpgLbg Safaris pg5 (6).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois