Lion vs Buffalo: 2 deaths

Nature is neither cruel nor kind. It''s just nature

Remember there is no hunting now in Zambias game parks. No proper management and this is what you get. Powerful pics in any case!
Regards,
Philip

Thanks for posting. their is nothing in battle to survive that is pretty. Forrest

I generally find comfort in the following philosophical statement:
"Better to live one day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep."

However, those photos made me wonder if perhaps grazing peacefully 364 days per year, then getting sheared every spring, might not be so bad after all.

as ive said to many a liberal anti-hunter, "a hunters bullet is often many times more merciful then mother nature."

-matt

as ive said to many a liberal anti-hunter, "a hunters bullet is often many times more merciful then mother nature."

-matt
Nice statement, but I would go one further - A well - placed hunters bullet is ALWAYS more merciful.

i dont like to say "always" because some critters/people get lucky enough to die in their sleep or have a sudden massive heart attack. however, most (almost all) critters die slow painful deaths to predators, starvation, or illness. as said before, nature is not kind or gentle.

-matt

Regarding Mother Nature's fickle ways, there is a saying up here:
"In the Arctic, nothing dies of old age."

Superb photographs. The last one is especially powerful.

Yes that's perhaps not "wonderful" but certainly very strong photos that is a strong warning to what's going on in Zambia for some time... Large scale poaching is one of the reasons, no income from hunting is unfortunately the same as no money for anti poaching, in the end starving predators.

I generally find comfort in the following philosophical statement:
"Better to live one day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep."

However, those photos made me wonder if perhaps grazing peacefully 364 days per year, then getting sheared every spring, might not be so bad after all.

Each day in Africa the lion wakes and knows that it must outrun the slowest antelope, or it will die.

Each day in Africa the antelope wakes and knows that it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will die.

Moral of the story? Whether you are a lion or a antelope, when you wake up in the morning you'd better hit the ground running!!!

Last edited:
Amazing pictures. Like some others have said, that last picture in particular is really powerful. That's the epitome of giving it your all, that lion literally fought until his last ounce of strength. You can see that the life has been sapped out from his body.

Wow. Those are great and raw photos of a very real life and death struggle. Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg