Lion mount help

GIZ the beauty of this is you get the pic you want and it's done...
I'll send pics of the pose alter till you say that's it. Then when we do the face you see pics and we one the eye more close them more and set the snarl or the pant or growl...You find the pic of a live one and I"LL MATCH IT !

The first one I SEE TONS of potential..... with a slack jaw heavy pant...Imagine that cat pose but his body is canted 30% of center balance that will increase his speed 100% .keep his head straight and focused , he will look 100 faster as his weight will be offset and fighting gravity thus giving the impression of much more speed to do this...The head straight gives it much more of the KILL you look, just think about how predator birds fly and a cheetah runs ,,, hit heads when doing hard turns always stay straight and level.
I really like the pose of the first pic and with the alterations you mentioned it would be awesome. The face in the third pick captures the essence of what I'm going for. Would it really look good to put the expression of the third cat on the pose of the first with the alterations you mentioned? I want people to wet themselves when they see him and give an idea of what it's like to hunt these things. I know you've done it and I'd like that feeling to be expressed through the mount, it's the most wonderfully terrifying thing a man can ever do. I want to relive that experience when I look at it and for people to understand a bit of what it's like when they see your work.

Royal I knew you'd get to that I was going to bet someone you'd post that

....LOL

You do have me figured out Dennis! :A Banana:

Love the ideas on the first picture too. I personally am not as big a fan of the "growl and scowl" bit do love the movement and the idea of slack jaw so the teeth can be seen. Sure would be fun to put some small animal in front of it too, like a smaller warthog etc.... that's assuming he stays with the pounce though. Speed him up and it would change I guess?

This is my dilemma because I love the first pic and I would realllllly enjoy it mounted similar to that. The third cat cuts to my sole and gives me nightmares which I love too but I don't want a cat just standing there either. To me movement is what really brings them to life.

Lion-Running-Best-Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Lion-Running-Best-Photos.jpg
    Lion-Running-Best-Photos.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 2,972
Giz we can do that face you like on that running pose I described'

That's awesome because it really makes him move.

After I posted it I realized how fat that lion is! LOL

I also love how the pic I posted and that first one the lion is looking very specifically at something. That focus is what scares the heck out of me!!!!

That's good though because mine is every bit of that fat. They were telling me after I shot it that I'd have hell finding a form big enough. I wasn't worried because I knew Denis could alter the form to fit him.

I also love how the pic I posted and that first one the lion is looking very specifically at something. That focus is what scares the heck out of me!!!!
Right no joke. It's especially terrifying when they're that focused on you. I've never had anything truly hate me like that lion did. I get chill bumps thinking about it. The look they give you when they are pissed off will cut you to pieces. It's incredible.

I've never had anything truly hate me like that lion did.

Now you are giving it human emotions like the antis. That lion didn't hate you. He just wanted to eat you. Nothing personal... :A Skull::A Skull::A Skull:

;)

That's right Gizmo you were lunch!

Giz that flow of the mane would look real good.The form no problem we fit it like they make a suit to your body.

Now you are giving it human emotions like the antis. That lion didn't hate you. He just wanted to eat you. Nothing personal... :A Skull::A Skull::A Skull:

;)
Lol. Right. I'm pretty sure he hated me after I put a bullet into him.

Wow Erik I am really loving the way this is all coming together for you. I think you are on track with that first pose as a starting point. and Dennis' way of describing it going around a turn with the G force making his lip swing out and all... just incredible and I can see it in my mind from the perfect description. That is going to be an incredible mount!

I like this....

image.jpg

I've liked the idea of something similar from the very beginning but my only concern is that it's just jumping into space and it really needs to be jumping onto or at something to look right. Denis showed me some incredible jumping lions that he's done and I very much like them.

Wow Erik I am really loving the way this is all coming together for you. I think you are on track with that first pose as a starting point. and Dennis' way of describing it going around a turn with the G force making his lip swing out and all... just incredible and I can see it in my mind from the perfect description. That is going to be an incredible mount!
I think so too, that's why I wanted it to be a group effort. Everyone has brought some great ideas to the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!