Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA Canada South Africa New Zealand
with all these stories of killing 200 lions to get numbers down?
What are the lion hunts costs coming down to for a picture of the trophy when it can't be sent home to the US for the taxidermist?
Tom

I wonder if the videography safari hunts are going to become more popular now. Assuming of course that the hunt doesn't surface 4 years later from a camera man who wants to clear his conscience with the help of some money from animal rights groups...

I wonder if the videography safari hunts are going to become more popular now. Assuming of course that the hunt doesn't surface 4 years later from a camera man who wants to clear his conscience with the help of some money from animal rights groups...

If the hunt is done right, I see no reason why one should worry about it resurfacing.
@Bhfs300 , we just completed a hunt such as this. If you are interested, please drop
me a PM and I can get some numbers together for you, including the filming, should you be interested. The hunter just posted a hunt report.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

I totally agree! Especially since I think Marius is talking about my hunt. I had the hunt video'd but I'm also having a rug made, in the hope that one day we'll have a president with half a brain when it comes to actual conservation instead of PC Bullshite.

Yes of course having the trophy is sweet BUT the real hunt is mounted in your memories

Hopefully common sense returns soon to wildlife management, until then you can hunt and take pictures. Prices are not that much different than in the past.

I hope they US and Airlines will come to their senses. As I have heard in other threads there are other countries that can hunt them.
But 200 just put out of the country or SA with their game farms not being able to get hunters to come and hunt them.
Maybe the price for a video hunt would be low enough it wouldn't be sutch a bad idea.

@Bhfs300 they've come down a huge amount. Many outfitters, Umlilo Safaris in my case, are offering outstanding deals right now- the lion in my avatar being a great example.

I'll PM you some info.

Seems like it has been decided that lion stays Appendix 2. Now for USFWS to allow imports again.

Seems like it has been decided that lion stays Appendix 2. Now for USFWS to allow imports again.

Agreed! I'm really hoping for some positive change on that topic sometime soon!

IMG-20161003-WA0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree! Especially since I think Marius is talking about my hunt. I had the hunt video'd but I'm also having a rug made, in the hope that one day we'll have a president with half a brain when it comes to actual conservation instead of PC Bullshite.

Yes of course having the trophy is sweet BUT the real hunt is mounted in your memories
Edelweiss,
I totally agree with you. If my lion never comes home I'll be sad but I'll carry the memory forever.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you