Lion Hunt in South Africa

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by CT Safaris, Mar 21, 2013.

1. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
    Folks,

There are not many free ranging Lion hunting opportunities available in South Africa - this we all know.

But... occasionally Lions do escape fom the Park and permits are issued to hunt them. These are not "raised" Lions# In other words - they don't have na#es - nor can you pick one from a catalogue### So the downside is that whoever decides to have a go at hunting them will not know how old the Lion is or how big the mane is before he/she has actually seen it###

With this being said - a Lion has become available for hunting in near Hoedspruit next to Kruger National Park# Based on the tracks that we've found it appears to be a mature male but other than that I'm afraid I have no more info in terms of size or age# I can get a permit to hunt this Lion and this could potentially be your chance to hunt a wild Lion in South Africa# The caveat is that, even though the trophy will be legally exportable - technically speaking this is a problem Lion - hence the reason for having a permit issued to have it hunted# This implies that the hunt needs to take place ASAP #as in YESTERDAY## There is no guarantee that the Lions will stay in the area that the permit has been issued for and for this reason it is important that we start baiting immediately and whoever does decide to take me up on this offer must be able to get away on short notice#

Free Range Lion hunts are expensive - that we all know# Typically you'd be looking at a 14 - 21 day hunt #depending on country# at anything from $1,300p/d upwards + a trophy fee of several thousands of Dollars - in the event of the hunt being successful#

Well, I'm going to stick my neck out on this one and offer this hunt at reduced Daily Rates and a higher Trophy Fee# #This would reduce the risk to the client #should the hunt not be successful# and serve as motivation for me to ensure a successful outcome to the hunt# Does this sound fair?

This is the offer for one client hunting 1X1:

7 Days @ $850p/d = $5,950
    Tax on Daily Rates - $833
    Total Daily Rates = $6,783

Permit Fee - $1,000
    Lion Trophy Fee - $25,000

Total cost of hunt - $32,783

Above includes:

Arrival day + transfer to hunting area from OR Tambo Airport #JNB# or Eastgate Airport - Hoedspruit
    7 Hunting days incl:
    Accommodations, meals and beverages
    Daily laundry service
    Services of PH, Trackers, Skinners and Camp Staff
    Field preparation of trophy
    Transfer back to Airport on Departure day

For more info please contact me.

Regards,
  2. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Fair deal Chris. Somebody is going to be a happy hunter....wish it was going to be me!
  3. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
    Chris

Nice offer and as we know the lion could return into the park, however probably not anytime soon. This could be a great opportunity for some one.

To bad another park in South Africa decided to kill off 45 of their 100 lions this year. Entire prides were killed to reduce the number of lions in the park. I guess the birth control the tree huggers are advancing was not working. Park name slips my mind rite now.

So i take it South Africa will use professionals to kill game not wanted in the parks. The stage has been set and in the near future there will be more of this culling in national parks by professionals rather than let hunters pay to have the opportunity to have a try and controlling animal populations.
  4. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Great offer Chris.
    I hope someone form AH can jump on this.

Moving the cost of the hunt onto success really looks after the hunters interest.
    There is no doubt about what the outfitter is working for: The hunter is successful the outfitter gets the reward.

Wild Lions are not a gimme!

Good luck with this offer.
  5. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Great offer Chris, Please post some pics of the lion and lucky hunter once you get it.