Lion hunt cost

twilly24

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm close to booking my first safari.. which was suppose to be a Plains game hunt. Now hearing lion cost are down due to the nonexportable ban. This could be the only time I could afford to shoot a lion. Has anyone seen any of the deals for them or heard anything about deals. What's a 2017 lion hunt going for? Thanks

Good morning Twilly,

Lion costs are a little down because of the ban that USFW has set for the import of lion and I will say that it is anyone that is looking to hunt a lion should do it this year as a lot might change within the next couple of months.

We have some lion hunts available on our reserve if you might be interested.

Best regards,

Jacques

Hi Twilly,
We are doing a couple of lion hunts during this year, and next, with American hunters. If you are interested in what we offered them, please feel free to drop us an email or PM.
All the best in your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

WE have some deals on males and females. You are right they are down a bunch compared to what they were going for just 2 years ago. Can really get some good deals when you add them to a plains game hunt also. If you would like more info just let me know and I will get you a quote for 2016 or 2017

Thanks Billc

Travis PM sent!

Twilly, best of luck, hope you can fo for a lion! any of the outfitters on this thread could certainly help you out.

Should be able to get a real good deal on a lioness. I am super jealous for you! Find a good deal and go get one! Definitely an experience you won't forget!

Edward they made me a night stock boy $2 raise

There is no lion ban! Get your facts straight. There is a permitting process albeit run by Obama communists. But there is a process. ... And some of us hope Trump will fix it!
Philip

I would certainly encourage you to take advantage of the good deals to be had right now and can assure you that a lion hunt is something that is well worth it just for the experience of doing so even if you can not import it. Good luck to you

There should certainly be some real good deals running for the rest of this year, hope you can go for it @twilly24 !

@Philip Glass instead of just telling me to get it straight please enlighten me on where to get the correct info. Im probably wrong but find it intresting that none of the people that contacted me said come shoot a lion with me and you can export it. Again hope I'm wrong cause it's such a waste to not bring them home. Thanks Travis.

@Philip Glass instead of just telling me to get it straight please enlighten me on where to get the correct info. Im probably wrong but find it intresting that none of the people that contacted me said come shoot a lion with me and you can export it. Again hope I'm wrong cause it's such a waste to not bring them home. Thanks Travis.
Sorry I've just been so frustrated with the whole listing.
Lions, according to the autonomous imperial USFWS, are now Threatened. This now gives USFWS the ability to create a permitting system and they are deciding what the requirements are. They have laid them out but want to undertake an "enhancement finding" for each country. I could go on but it's just a bunch of govt. nonsense. There likely will be permits issued for sport hunted lions but when, where, and how many is yet to be determined. I chose to hunt "my lion" and beauracrats be damned. I am in the middle of the process and have people helping me to obtain he permit. If there are any developments I'll post them.
Regards,
Philip

Philip, I admire your attitude on the matter. Just curious, where do you put the odds that you will successfully obtain a permit?

Thanks Philip, hope you get him back. Agree with you on everything you say. Good luck

Well I hope they do get the permitting part corrected so we can get back to imported legally hunted lions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross