Lion Attack

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by AfricaHunting.com, Nov 7, 2010.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Lion Attack

Here is a series of pictures of a Desert Lion attacking a 4x4 closed tour vehicle with pop-top roof and sliding windows near the Wilderness Skeleton Coast Camp set within the Skeleton Coast Park in Namibia. This incident occurred a couple of years ago, apparently this Lion had been harassed by tourist vehicles and finally had enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Good post Jerome. It is again an eye opener to people that think that lion and other big game animals are "tamed" in parks and reserves. Personally I think that if the tour guide were experienced enough he would have seen that the lion was aggravated and that it was going to charge them. On just the photos posted you can clearly see the cat is not happy with the presence of the car and people... It is very good pics though!

Thank you,
  3. Big5

Big5 AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia

Good post 'Hartzview', I agree on all points. And as you say the photos clearly show a tense and aggravated lion.