Lion Aid Big Fan of Africa Hunting Websites

gvincent

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
HSC, DSC, SCI, NRA, and RMEF
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, and Zimbabwe
Apparently, our ole friend Pieter Scat with Lion Aid is a big fan of Africa Hunting websites. Below is an excerpt from his latest posting:

The Inside Story of Captive Lion Hunting

What actually goes on behind the scenes? We now have a South African professional hunter telling his side of the story and it is NOT pretty…. The hunter spent time on a “ranch” where captive bred lions were hunted and was disgusted by what he saw.

The hunter, who goes by the internet alias “johnkudu” (and so he shall remain as whistleblowers should not have their real identities revealed) had this to say – I have paraphrased as his English is not that good – presents these various “scenarios” he witnessed while employed at the hunting “ranch” - See more at: http://www.lionaid.org/news/2016/02...captive-lion-hunting.htm#sthash.ZxIuQSjk.dpuf

“johnkudu” mentions there are many similar “horror” stories, and that many of the lion “outfitters” on the forum are engaged in such hunts.

So there we have it – the real experience of someone involved in the lion canned hunting industry in South Africa. Yet the government refuses to condemn it? - See more at: http://www.lionaid.org/news/2016/02...captive-lion-hunting.htm#sthash.ZxIuQSjk.dpuf

@gvincent , I was quick to pick up on this johnkudu post, I couldn't quite put my finger on it....whether he had sour grapes with his employer or if he was just another troll trying to cause trouble. He mentioned loop hole in Free State hunting, but couldn't answer my questions. He had zero facts or proof stated. He even started to PM.

Interesting that the johnkudu account on here is 3 years old, has one post, but records daily activity, with the security settings cranked up as high as possible, defiantly a long term lurker with nothing to say. (wouldn't be surprised if he was the author of that article)

Interesting, join a forum plant a story and then come back to use as a reference to support ones position!

This is the sort of thing that makes me weary, maybe right on the edge of paranoid, about answering questions that could be misconstrued or turned around. The one from the college student floating around on here makes me a touch nervous, and I recall the one just marked "why?" that showed up briefly. To me it is astounding how far some of these people are willing to go to smear someone or something they don't agree with. Whatever happened to having enough common sense (and guts for that matter) to live and let live?

Interestingly I just tried to take a second look at the johnkudu account on here and it has vanished.......................................................................................................................................................................Just saw Jeromes post from yesterday that explains the vanishing act.

Last edited:
Bsto270 I agree with you. The kid in school gave me the same reaction! Troll is what I thought. Just like the guy last year that was the reporter. Now he really was a reporter but I had no confidence that he was going to report fairly! So I didn't answer him.

I have noticed that Lion Aid is now "dialing in" on leopard hunting. Apparently, donations resulting from the recent Cecil the Lion debacle are decreasing. To quote Prez Nobama's former chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.” Cheers!

looking at the lion aid website there sure are a lot of links to donate, but not one where they are actually spending the money on trying to help lions. Also, the (needs confirmation) tag appears in every story, and the typos seem consistent to me with the typos present in the johnkudu post. There is always someone trying to trick people into making them rich for no reason.

looking at the lion aid website there sure are a lot of links to donate, but not one where they are actually spending the money on trying to help lions. Also, the (needs confirmation) tag appears in every story, and the typos seem consistent to me with the typos present in the johnkudu post. There is always someone trying to trick people into making them rich for no reason.

Regarding Lion Aid's Facebook page, earlier today I noticed that one of their kool-aid drinking followers (from Great Britain) posted a link to the FBI's and Interpol's "animal cruelty" website so that anti-hunters can report big game hunters. A subsequent visit to Lion Aid's Facebook page revealed that her post has been deleted. ISIS is preparing to turn the EU upside down and this rabid anti-hunter and her ilk want to inundate the FBI's and Interpol's website with "alleged" reports of a rich, blood thirsty, American shooting an impala.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you