Limpopo South Africa

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by Gavin Lipjes, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Gavin Lipjes

Gavin Lipjes AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Club bleu de Gascon, Gascon Saintongeois, Ariegeois
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain and USA
    Hello fellow hunters.

My name is Gavin and I reside in the Limpopo province in SA.
    I am a very active hunter, pursuing either Bushpig, Caracal and Jackal on average 4 days of every week. I am passionate about hounds and have a kennel of 25 Gascon-Saintongeois hounds and 5 Dogo Argentina's.
    We hunt Leopard in the neighboring countries namely; Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique.
    I have hunted with hounds on 3 continents and worked with a pack in Europe for 2 years hunting Wild Boar.

Vive les chiens de chasse!

Attached Files:

2. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Welcome to AH Gavin Lipjes! Glad to have you with us, you seem to be extremely passionate about hunting with dogs. I look forward to reading your posts and having you share with us some of your hunts. By the way the pictures that you uploaded are very small and hard to see, would you mind uploading them again in a bigger format so that we can have a nice look at them. Take care.
  3. Gavin Lipjes

Gavin Lipjes AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain and USA
    Thank you for the welcome Jerome.
    I will remedy the photo size asap.
  4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Gavin, I know that the Dogo Argentino are used a lot for boar hunting but do you use them in any way on Leopard? If so in what capacity?
  5. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    Hi Gavin, Welcom to the AH forum , oh you have lovely dogs , must be great taking game with them have nver experienced this sort of hunt ever.

Great Going!!

Monish
  6. Gavin Lipjes

Gavin Lipjes AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Jerome I have not had the Dogo on any Leopard as yet but will most likely get the chance this season. I will keep you updated. They are really wonderful dogs.
    I have had a single Dogo in on some large Caracal but it is no contest really.
    From what I have seen so far I expect the Dogo to be of great assistance in the hard bay up scenarios like caves and dense vegetation.

Monish, in my humble opinion, an experience hunting with hounds is really important, if not at least valuable, for every dedicated hunter. The interaction with a working pack triggers some genetic memory in almost every hunter I have had the pleasure of crashing through the bush with. I would love to see it a more common method here in Africa similar to what is experienced in the US and Europe.