Leupold VX II 3-9x40

moorjäger

Reaction score
Is it usual that this scope produces different points of impact when chanching from 3x to 9x ? In my case the variation is : 6x is 0, 3x is + 30 cm, 9x is -30cm - on 100m distance. I send it back to Leupold, but has anybody the same experience ?

Best greetings from Germany

Andreas

Is it usual that this scope produces different points of impact when chanching from 3x to 9x ? In my case the variation is : 6x is 0, 3x is + 30 cm, 9x is -30cm - on 100m distance. I send it back to Leupold, but has anybody the same experience ?

Best greetings from Germany

Andreas

I would say this is highly unusual. I have not been a huge fan of Leupold's products over the last few years as I felt there were better products for about the same amount of money if not less. Specifically I've been very impressed with the Zeiss Conquest series. That said, I have no reason to believe that Leupold will not stand behind their product.

If it makes you feel better, about 2 months before my safari in July, my Zeiss 4.5-14 went bad on me. My shot to shot placement suddenly was moving by 6 inches or more. I confirmed it was the scope when I swapped out the scope for another. The scope was sent back to a Zeiss plant here in the U.S. and a few weeks later a brand new one showed up in the mail. Even the highest quality companies occasionally have an issue. I would expect the same service from Leupold based off of the experience of hunting friends of mine.

It certainly should not shift point of impact, and Leupold has a well deserved reputation of standing behind their products.

Send it back

I've had a lot of problems with Leupold scopes in recent years. Not the exact problem that you have but other similar issues. I have several VX-III and not a one of them works quite right. All bought new. One Cabela's replaced with no questions asked. But the replacement now has dead spots where the turrent does not adjust the crosshair. I'd return yours as quick as possible and at least try to get a replacement. And get rid of it entirely if you have any doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross