Letaba Ranch Discounted Buffalo Hunt Package - 2014 ONLY!

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by Hartzview Hunting Safaris, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Good day gentleman,

I got a confirmation e-mail this morning that I can market and sell 4x buffalo bulls in the Letaba Ranch for the 2014 season for only $15 500 all inclusive.... It will be a 10x day hunt and you can expect a buffalo over 40"..... This is quota that is still left for the season and needs to be sold. These hunt's are priced at $25 000 for 2015.

Here is the exact e-mail received from the concession holder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have available for this year 2014 at Letaba Ranch:

10 day Buffalo package including 10 hunting days and license and trophy fee for 1 buffalo.

Cost - $15 500

Included on this package is 14% VAT on the daily rate portion of this hunt.

14 day Elephant hunt.

Including 14 days hunting and elephant license and trophy fee.

( Any Bull with the heaviest tusk weighing up to 50lbs ) - $42 500-00

Any elephant weighing over 50lbs on the heaviest tusk will be charged for at $1000-00 per pound for the package.

Included on this package is 14% VAT on the daily rate portion of this hunt

Hunts for 2015

14 day Elephant hunt. Including 14 days hunting and elephant license and trophy fee.

( Any Bull with the heaviest tusk weighing up to 50lbs ) - $45 000-00

Any elephant weighing over 50lbs on the heaviest tusk will be charged for at $1000-00 per pound for the package.

Excluded on this package is 14% vat on the daily rate portion of this hunt ( $17 500-00 ) which equates to $2450-00

10 day Buffalo package including 10 hunting days and license and trophy fee for 1 buffalo.

Cost - $25 000-00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have at anytime.

Best regards,

Jacques

2. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Guys there is still a few buffalo available for this year... You will never in your life be able to hunt this unique area again at this price....

"Letaba Ranch covers just over 42.000 ha. Incorporated into the Greater Kruger National Park Conservation Area, Letaba Ranch is well known for its large herds of elephants and buffaloes."

3. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Here is some buffalo that has been taken in and around this area.... This is what every buffalo hunter dreams off in my books!

Best regards,

Jacques

Attached Files:

4. CAustin

CAustin AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Both of those buffs are fine looking. I epically like the drop and curl on the first one. The price is very good. Wish I could come back and take you up on the offer

5. flatwater bill

flatwater bill AH Senior Member

Member of:
    NRA endowment member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    I have been looking at some hunts near KNP where the PH is required to shoot the buffalo....Not wanting any client wounded buffalo in the Park apparently. Is this the case in Letaba? thanks.............FWB

6. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    I can't imagine this being the case flatwater. I've spoken to Jacques about doing this hunt myself, I'm certain he would not make his client simply an observer on this hunt. I will send a text to Jacques to ask him to comment in this thread. However it may be a day or two or more as there is a large party at HV at the moment.

7. Frederik

Frederik AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    BASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
    Bill, sure the ranch borders the KNP and if the wounded animal would cross the border then it would become the problem of the park rangers to finish off the animal which means it would be totally out of your hands. So the quicker the animal is down when hunting close to the border the better but with the area being so large they would avoid hunting on the border. Please understand that no hunter goes out in mind to wound animals but it does happen you have the first shot make it count. When following up I'm sure you would get the chance of finishing up as well but when it comes to a dangerous situation or you completely loosing your animal to crossing the border what would you want the PH not do his job ?

8. flatwater bill

Member of:
    NRA endowment member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    I may not have phrased this as clearly as I would have liked. It is a question. Not a comment or condemnation of the practice. And, having stopped my first charging buffalo 30 years ago this month, I have a fair handle on the responsibilities of a good PH....I re-ask. Is it REQUIRED at Letaba that the PH shoot the buffalo? Too.

Those who feel that this is a strange question may want to look at the videos and posts of other hunts for buff near KNP. This is often required. Probably not at the discretion or choice of the PH....always better for a hunter to be well informed......thanks.....FWB

9. CAustin

CAustin AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    With regards to the Elephant hunt, are the tusks exportable to the USA?
    An elephant hunt is on my bucket list so I'm trying to learn and understand. Can the PH judge accurately tusk weight? Would hate to book a hunt for the under 50 pound trophy and shoot a 60 pounder. I realize this question may sound simplistic to some but as I have no experience in hunting elephant it is something I need to understand. How is the weight determined before one shoots??? Or is the thought that if you can afford a 50 pounder you can also do a 60 pounder?

10. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    FWB,

I received a text reply back from Jacques. As I thought, the situation you describe is NOT the case on this hunt. As with any DG hunt, if there is a charge situation and the PH needs to step in for reasons of safety, then yes Jacques would be shooting. Otherwise he would not shoot.

11. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Sorry I did not see this post before my last reply. The answer still stands however, no would be the answer to your question.

12. flatwater bill

Member of:
    NRA endowment member
    Hunted:
    Phil...and all others....thanks you for the answer. I have watched this on Youtube, where the PH shoots with the hunter. It has worked out.....mostly. But on a couple of occasions the hunter entirely missed the buff, and I could envision some potential misunderstandings if not clarified early.

If still available, I will send a PM on purchasing this hunt...................FWB

13. Frederik

Frederik AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    BASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
    Bill, thanks for clearing up your questions but as far as I know that is not normal for a PH to shoot the clients buffalo or any DG unless there is a immediate danger to life. With any DG hunts and you are not a newcomer you should chat to the PH before hand and then tell him that he may not shoot unless instructed by you or there is danger.

14. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Good evening guys,

Thank you for having interest in this deal on these buffalo and elephant hunts.

Flatwater bill - As my good friend Phil explained, it is not required for me or anybody to shoot your buffalo if you are not in immediate danger. We always talk with our clients before hand on what their feeling is on a back up shot but in my opinion I would always want my client to hunt and kill his own buff without me or any of my PH's shooting at a clients buffalo uneccesarilly.

CAustin - Your question is not simplistic at all and I am sure there are many people out there with the same question. To anwser your questions, the tusks will be exportable to the USA as well as any part you would wish to keep as a trophy.

On your safari in Letaba you will be accompanied by me, a second PH and a park official. We will judge the elephant and then get the go ahead from the park's official to shoot the ele should he agree with the size judged. If it is then over on what you booked it is for the park's account. We do judge very accurately and will usually be within a 5 to 7lbs difference at the most! So we will definitely be able to tell you how much the tusks will weigh before a trigger is pulled. If it is too close for comfort on the size we look for a different bull. You will have much more than one oppertunity at elephant bulls in this area.

I hope that I clarified some questions and if anybody has any further questions please feel free to e-mail me at js@hvsafaris.com or send me a PM.

Thanks a lot guys.

Best regards,

Jacques

15. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    FWB, you have responses to your emails. Feel free if you wish to call me, phone number is in my signature line.

16. flatwater bill

Member of:
    NRA endowment member
    Hunted:
    PHIL..............thanks.............I will call you tomorrow.................FWB

17. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Looking forward to it! I am on Pacific Std Time here in Arizona, not sure where you are located. Your previous post was made about 9pm here.

18. Velo Dog

Velo Dog AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member.
    Hunted:
    Namibia (1), South Africa (3) & USA (most Western States, including AK & HI). Too bad spear fishing is not called "fish hunting" or, I could add a few extra countries (couldn't resist weaving that in somehow, sorry).
    Hello Everyone,

Buffaloes and elephants that are hunted on the fringe of The Kruger Park can be exceptional opportunity for obvious reason.

The one in my avatar was taken (by me ... not the PH) on Baruli Concession -also borders the park / no fence between park and concession.

I will guess we saw 150 buffalo there at least, including quite a few hard-bossed / battle-scarred old bulls.

If anyone reading this is in a position to jump on Hartzview's offer for hunting either specie on Letaba Concession, you will not be disappointed, especially at these decent prices.

Regards,
    Velo Dog.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014